What's the towing capacity of a 2000 Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's the towing capacity of a 2000 Explorer?

Hi guys Im new here, my name is Raf, Im looking to buy a 2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer v8 AWD tomorrow. Plan is to drive it as my daily driver and tow my Mustang to the track and back.

I have a few questions about this truck; does anyone know what the towing rating is for the truck? and any common issues and problems I need to look at

Here is a pic from the for sale ad, the truck is pretty clean other than a small rust spot on the drivers side rear quarter panel which I can fix.

explorer.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've renamed your thread, and moved it into the towing section. That Explorer looks pretty nice. How many miles does it have? The V8 in this year uses the 4R70W transmission which is very strong for towing purposes.

I picked up the Explorer a few days ago, really nice truck, my dad had the same truck with the same drivetrain but in a 96 XLT trim, we had it since 98 till 03 and it was a great truck.
This one I picked up has 177,000 km on it (forgot how many miles that is)

great chart, thanks

How do i close the google add in front of the chart?

Back