Wiring question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wiring question

I have a 96 E.B Explorer, 4.0 auto trans. I want to hook up a wiring harness for a trailer. I have looked at every posting in the tow forum and still not totally sure. I was under the impression that all of the E.B Exp's had the towing package...and therefore the wiring harness connector. I know it has a tranny cooler, so I'm guessing it does have the towing package. I just can't find the connector if it is in fact up there. I'll take a really hard look when I get home......AGAIN........ but I doubt I'll find it up there. Any ideas?:confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the socket should be right under driver side taillight - check there from underneath... wire loom might be plugged-in and you don't even see it cause it's tangled somewhere near the the spare.

if you have a cooler you sure have the tow package.

take a look... it's got to be somewhere under the bumper... if you have a towing package.

Shifter wiring

im hooking up a backup camera to my sport trac 2007 and i need to hook a wire from the head unit to the reverse wire. was wondering if any body know what wire i thats on the shifter is the reverse wire.

im hooking up a backup camera to my sport trac 2007 and i need to hook a wire from the head unit to the reverse wire. was wondering if any body know what wire i thats on the shifter is the reverse wire.

I don't think you will find that wire on that shifter... wire would be on the transmission loom.

that hardness that plugs into the shifter, should there be a wire for the reverse? how else would it know what postion im in

that hardness that plugs into the shifter, should there be a wire for the reverse? how else would it know what postion im in

that indicator is connected to a lever down, under the dash and moves needle whenever you move the gear selector. Your back-up lights are hooked up to what's called a neutral safety switch that is a part of the transmission range sensor hooked up to the lever on the transmission.

the part number 22, there a wire hardness that attaches to that shifter, there should be a reversing wire there. thats where i was hoping to attach the wire from the radio to. i really dont want to run it out side unless i have to.

Attachments

• MH07680.gif
    MH07680.gif
    9.4 KB · Views: 406

oops! I might be wrong - I was giving you information based on second gen Explorer... sorry. It might be different for you.

Back