93' Convertible Sport ;) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93' Convertible Sport ;)

Well I got bored today and felt like removing the top for the cage. Here is what I came up with. More to come in the following weeks as I build my cage.

Attachments

• nv20$004.jpg
    nv20$004.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 6,324
  • nv20$002.jpg
    nv20$002.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,987
  • nv20$005.jpg
    nv20$005.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 4,851

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow that's badass. :cool: And to think just a day or so ago you were considering swapping on a Ranger body. :p Can't wait to see the cage.

Ranger body is for when the body is completely gone ;) Thanks guys.

Honestly, I hate chopped sports. Not enough body left to compensate. However, it should look sweet with the cage in. Will the cage exit out the back some where the body used to be?

I like it. That looks like a sic offroader right there :thumbsup:

j602 said:
Honestly, I hate chopped sports. Not enough body left to compensate. However, it should look sweet with the cage in. Will the cage exit out the back some where the body used to be?
I agree, but when there is a cage going in (especially one that follows the original body lines) it makes up for the "missing body". Plus it gives room for a place to mount a custom soft top. :D (If I ever chop the top it will get one. ;))

I don't know about sports. I can't tell from the pic, but it looks like it could be chopped right behind driver seat to give it more room for a longer bed. If someone wanted to. Then again it your truck. Waiting for more pics. Looks sweet

Thanks for the complements. The intended look I was going for was something like my old bronco or the newer big bronco w/o the top. I considered chopping it behind the seats but that leaves no room for my kid. When finished it will look very similar to how it does now. I plan on running the cage work with the existing body lines with the exception of the tube tailgate/tire carrier. This is my old bronco but I couldn't find a pic of it with the 1/2 cab top on it.

Attachments

• my03-037.jpg
    my03-037.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,567

i think it looks awesome. like a smooshed ST. but i agree that having a cage bars that run from the roof diagonally down to the tailgate looks really awesome.

i like the 2 doors better chopped, they do look like the old bronco or like a BII

wait....you get bored, so you cut the roof off? thats dedication right there ;)

slravene said:
wait....you get bored, so you cut the roof off? thats dedication right there ;)

I noticed that too, but that's exactly what I did on my B11 and I've been un-bored ever since. :D

The Sport was MADE to be chopped like that IMO! Looks great Clint...

How many times you layed that sucker over? man she was so pretty last I saw it in Moab with the new Dana 30.

hahahaha solid axle = death of nice exporer body? Jefe?
hahaha

Looks sweet Clint! I think while you are at it you should boat-tail the back before you cage it. I have a buddy that did that to his tacoma and it has helped keep his body away from the rocks. He also bobbed his bed but it doesnt look like you could gain anything doing that. That should still leave room for 1 or 2 seats in the back.

Looks amazing. I love all chop top X's! Can't wait to see the cage!

Sure would like to see some close-up's of those doors ;)

Jeff - :navajo:

Jeff, when will you newbies learn to search! :p He has a thread around here somewhere with the pics of the doors. He got the close up of his Jeep door handles too. ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just keep gettin' hit by random boulders ;) I wish someone would keep them off the trails while I'm tryin' to wheel :D Heres what it looked like before the hard trails came out to play.

Attachments

• ag17-028.jpg
    ag17-028.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 4,616

Back