Old school Truckhaven 4 wheeling | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Old school Truckhaven 4 wheeling

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice find, Matt.
Apparently, this was filmed before the discovery of seatbelts and tires with any sort of agressive tread whatsoever!
At :32, there's a good shot of a CJ-3B. It's what I had as my first car and learned to wheel in. Old jeeps with no top are like driving a toy!

Thanks again for posting. It reminded me so much of the Old School days of wheeling. Especially when that Rag Top red LC went buy.
And yes the tires back then were not much. All they were good for was holding the truck off the show room floor.
Here is a pic of my 73 LC that I bought brand new off the show room floor. Rolled a few months later. The truck was only a few hours old ha ha still had temp tags on back. Cost...$3400
I know this is for the CA Ex. but just couldn't help myself.

Check out the tires that came stock with it.
When I got home with it, the first mod other then roll bar was to call Dick Cepeck and order some Armstrong TruTracks.

PICT4308.jpg

Great video! Thanks for posting Matt.:chug:

Old school Truckhaven 4 wheeling, Vol 2

Those 31's are HUGE!....are they that big:p:

At least we're not stupid enough to stand in the back of a jeep while wheelin anymore :eek:

wow, volume 3, 4 and 5 are up too!

I like the guy with 3 the kids, no seatbelts and a cig out of his mouth. Ahhh the good old days.

I already have an 84 cj7. Best part is I got it all for free. It came with my wife :D.

AHH Free, you're still on honeymoon my son. Enjoy :D

Those 31's are HUGE!....are they that big:p:

At least we're not stupid enough to stand in the back of a jeep while wheelin anymore :eek:

Hey, we're smart enough not to drive Jeeps;)

When Ford knew how to build an SUV.

Sport and Utility, imagine that...

i wonder what the specs on the Red & White EB was....

Those white walls are rockin'!

You know it's funny...my f150 has more aggressive tires then any of these trucks:eek:

Back