1999 explorer 4.0 sohc from dad | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1999 explorer 4.0 sohc from dad

used to be my dads commuter on the highway to and from work.. finally turned it over to me with 204,000 and looked pretty good but i needed to make it mine.. its still running really strong at 204,000 and i drive it daily now and am about to roll over 210,000.. im only an junior in highschool but i enjoy the truck and i plan on doing alot more to it once i get my new truck end of the year..

i dont have any pictures before i put the tires and lift on but they are 33" x12.5 i have gotten the wheels coated in flat black and only did shackle lift and cranked the torsion bars.. sits decent and no rubbing surprisingly..

IMG_1014.jpg

there i had pulled the striping off the side.. wasnt a big fan as it had become cracked.. looks good but didnt like it

IMG_1021.jpg

350$ later for a paint job that machine sanded outside painted it and clear coated twice with 3 year warranty against cracking or chipping or fading i thnk i did the right thing.. also went on the tailights and corners with the nightshades off of ebay and sprayed the grille black to give it more of a personalized touch..

also had flowmaster 40 put on and got rid of the cat converters and everything else.. just straight off the headers to the flowmaster 40 that dumps under the rear seats with just a turndown tip..cant compare to a v8 though

IMG_1022.jpg

now me i love music.. so i had to put in a system in the back and get kenwoods all around put tweeters in the a pillars and alpine headunit..
audiobahn 3200w amp and 2 12" kicker cvr 4ohms sealed box.. really nice and tight sound.. usually ahve them turned down because im more of a blink 182 fan
by the way if you are looking for audio equipment i cant more highly recommend www.sonicelectronix.com ive ordered thousands of dollars of electronics from them and they almost always have the best prices and are great to deal with..

IMG_1023.jpg

then had some fun with some friends in the mud one day
IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

i was surprised how good it did in the mud.. but as of now the 4wd is out of commission.. still did good just in 4lo which ended up just being 2 lo.. only got stuck one time and was in a suspension flex through a valley wasnt even in the mud.. i was very surprised!!

also can see i sprayed on some racing stripes.. just masked off the hood and did them 6 at the front and 7 wide and back hood.. looks good i guess just was bored and figured id try it.. no complaints but not that big of a deal

im thinking about rhino lining the side of the truck under where the trim is on the doors down the side.not the bumpers just the painted part i think it wouldlook good and would protect.. that area got really scratched up while going through brush and whatnot..

4wd should be back in about a week..

only maintenence was a jasper tranny put in at about 125000 and regular maintenence now and then.. runs super strong..

plan on lifting another couple inches one way or another and would love to put a v8 in it

rsxs1212

what car did u sell for 800 and do u got aim or yahoo messanger

I know this post is old, but I went on that site you mentioned, they have ridiculous sales, they're possibly the best electronics site on the internet, I found a double din radio that'd fit my 99' explorer and it comes with the harness and dash kit for free, lol that's insane

Back