• Register Today It's free!

interior light issue fixed

blulite

Reaction score
City, State
Stockton-on-Tees
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 & 1999 4.0 sohc v6
Just a heads up for everyone who has interior light issues where the interior lights wont go off .

I had this issue and have just fixed it. I'd researched a lot online and despite going through the motions to resolve the issue, nothing worked.

I discovered that one of the tailgate latches was not closing properly. The fix was pretty simple once I'd discovered what the issue was. A good clean of the latch and a blast of penetrative fluid. along with 5 mins of opening and closing the latches manually without closing the tailgate, freed up the latch and now everything works as it should.

so of you have trouble with the same issue and are struggling to resolve it, this might be something to look at.

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

I am currently having the constant on interior lights. I replaced the driver side door ajar switch with a junkyard one, and that worked for a few weeks. Was planning on getting a new switch for that, but I'll try your fix first.

It's well worth a try, There are several threads about spraying through the door handles with wd40 and there is also a common issue with one of the wires between the door and the body. I tried these fixes first and neither worked. so I had to search for something else.

Mine turned out to be caused by all the wire insulation being brittle and cracked. Multiple bare spots with four broken wires. Splices also fixed door ajar, mirror control, door locks and lock pad.
Then I found a wrecked vehicle at the junkyard and pulled ask the harness out of the spot to swap out at a later date.

Back