2015 Ultimate Adventure | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Ultimate Adventure

Hmmm...I have a feeling you will be hearing from someone soon but be sure to respond with all the requested info...;)

When you say highway are you talking 55 or 75?

...realisticly 4:88 to 37's are like 4:56 are to 35's...closer to stock equivalent but might be a bit sluggish and hard on the tranny on hwy hills especially running 37's..

Hopefully some others will jump in here with their opinion..

I think 5:13's may suck on hwy to much..

Edit: I answered the same time as Rick and my 5:13 comment is not in relationship to his comment...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heard from Emily. Not what we had hoped for Ted.

From reading most road days are highways and secondary roads if at all possible. Just don't want to make a mistake before a longggg road trip.

Pm me whats up...

And I will see if Brian1 can answer your seat question tonight. What is your height and weight?

I am about the same build as you. Both the reclineable and ultra wide are comfortable for me. I have spent the most time in the reclineable and no complaints. The corbeau fabric will fade over time but they are good seats.

JP is running 37's and 5.13's. No problem running around on the street or on the highway at 65-70. May have to drop it out of O/D on long grades but nothing big. This is with 4.0 ohv and 5 speed auto.

Have not heard back from Emily :(

Need some real world advice.. 4.88s, 4.0, pushing 37s on the highway.. how bad/good is it?

My ranger is running 4.88 and 37"s. It does well on the road. I did the 4.88s when I was using 35"s and no trailer. If I did it again I would do 5.13 or deeper if I could. Not a big enough deal to spend the money on now. No matter which gears you choose you will be faster then the green flatty from Colorado.

I have a goal.. it's to out-do the Land Rover.. lol

started working on storage, found a leaking pass rear wheel seal, replaced the seal, rotor, and pads on both sides. took it out this evening and ripped out the rh headlight housing, dented the fender and took a tree limb to the drivers door. now my list grows again.

..Any updates on your build or race information?..:popcorn:

been a busy past few weeks.. high pinion 44 is in, truck is currently at a friend's shop getting a tire carrier built and integrated into the rear bumper and roll cage.

corbeau seats are sitting in my garage along with 5 new Falken 37" MTs on 17" steel wheels.

will update with pics as soon as I get the truck back and wheels mounted.

...Your UA adventure starts Saturday. ..Are you ready?

Few updates. It sounds like he blew up his front lunchbox locker yesterday. Some spider gears were found and then welded up so now he has a front "Eastwood Locker"

Today is supposedly a 700 mile road day but there is also some wheeling going on too. Todays Four0Sport's whoops

11695899_10152839602596290_2990098844320296998_n.jpg

20000_10152839602626290_4703099306595235878_n.jpg

....Awesome...:popcorn:

Dude this is awesome man!!! Best of luck to ya man. When I get my rig finished I definitely want to go wheelin' with ya down in the hillbilly. I've been trying to get down there so we could meet up and go wheelin' the past couple years but work and time issues keep screwing me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back