FourxFred's ranger rollover story. WARNING! GORY PICS! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FourxFred's ranger rollover story. WARNING! GORY PICS!

Ok, well, I guess its about time I started my rollover thread. I had a party at my apartment, with a whole bunch of my friends from highschool over. Everybody was drinking and so-forth, but I stopped drinking around 10 because I had to drive my girlfriend home. So, after a few hours of sobering up, i decided to depart on the 35 minute drive at around 2:30AM. The ride there was fine, because she was with me to keep me awake, but the ride home was a different story. I made it to within 5 miles from my house, then fell asleep behind the wheel. The rode turned to the right, but i kept going straight. I woke up as i was hitting a mailbox, but by that time i was already going off a 5 foot tall embankment at roughly 40MPH. The front right hit hard, and dug in.

The bed went over the cab, and the truck somehow spun around and landed on the passenger side fender, before rolling over onto the hood. The airbag went off when the front right hit the ground, breaking my nose and causeing first degree burns all over my face, with bad abrasions on my nose and forehead. I kicked my way out of the cab, and ran to the street. 3 cars drove by, but none of them would stop for me (I wouldent have stopped either if a 6'4" man ran infront of me, screaming and covered in blood at 4 AM ;) ). Eventually the guy that lived in the house i landed infront of came out, because the horn was going off, and called an ambulance. The paramedics and police were astonished that i lived, and was cracking jokes the entire ride to the hospital.

I did not have full coverage on the truck, but it is actually not damaged too bad. i will post pics tomorrow. It still runs and drives, which means its time to chop off the roof, take off the bed, cut the fenders to hell, and put some 55 inch swampers on there. If any of you solid axle conversion guys want to donate your drivers side radius arm mount, ill gladly take it, as it is the only broken mechanical part, and im out of money.

I now am driving a 98 toyota tacoma, 4 cyl, 5 speed, 2x4. It is faster than my ranger, and gets 25MPG, which i cant realy complain about. Enough said, heres the pics of my face.

day after:
12285meatface.jpg

two days after:
12285meatface_3.jpg

EDIT: i think i figured out how to attach a pic without uploading one (because the new server dont want to let me upload right now)

check out the interior picture, of the sticker i ironically put on the dashboard about six months ago.

Attachments

• ranger after roll 006.jpg
    ranger after roll 006.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 2,518
  • ranger after roll 002.jpg
    ranger after roll 002.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 2,235
  • ranger after roll 005.jpg
    ranger after roll 005.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,891

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow that sucks!!!!!

But good to hear your better:D

I remembe when you told me bout it in the chat and just didnt know when you would make a thread

Look back once you mount those 55s and tell me it wasnt worth it. I rolled side to side off a cliff too and it SUCKS i feel for ya man. Atleast this can go as a warning to others to pull over if youre sleepy.

:D i fixed this pic for you :D

Attachments

• nice_poster.jpg
    nice_poster.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 3,378

YES! thanks jason!

the same thing had happened to my friend about 3 months ago but he was wheeling and slid off of a 7 foot bank sideways, sucks, glad to see your ok though. nice work jason

Rember Fred....the rolled avatar we discussed LMAO!

As a said in my PM Ouch!... You are in the roll over club, but most roll overs are low speed. You are in the elite HIGH Speed Roll Over group...

Damn! You got straight blasted! Glad your ok :thumb:

OWWWWW!! Sorry to hear you wrecked, but glad you could walk away from it.

Glad to hear your OK Fred. Seems there have been a lot of accidents in Northeastern MA lately. Got pics of the truck?

sorry, not yet. ill have them soon, i promise. thanks everybody.

Dang! Sorry to hear that Fred.

Sat. night I was fighting hard to stay awake on my drive home from the beach.

damn.. I'm never going to drive tired again...

i know how you feel... i rolled my last truck over christmas break. Only difference i was doing 65mph on ice and slid sideways abot a quater mile b4 i hit the side and went rolling.'

at least your ok.

Exactly, atleast im ok. the way im looking at it, the truck isnt all done. this is just the beginning of a lot of fun! now i have an extremely capable truck, that i no-longer care about the body on. no more "i dont want to scratch the paint, that trail is too skinny!" stuff from me. Just point it and go.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad your alright man, that sucks.

Back