dynomax muffler (Pics and Vid) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

dynomax muffler (Pics and Vid)

96limitedX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
well after my first experance with my morgan-tec(just to loud for me). i decided that this time i would use the word "mellow" when shopping around. after we had a set of these Dynomax mufflers put on my grandpas car. i said this is what i want. with the carshow coming up this weekend i wanted it done by then. so i set up a appointment for today. after i got out of school we stoped by picked it up. OMG let me tell you. the sound is EXACTLY what i wanted..very low and nice. and the best part is it sounds no different inside then it did with stock. but the best part was the differance in power..omg 0-60 is much nicer now. its not struggling to get RPMs. and before it would hit a brick wall about 90mph...now it easly touches the speed limiter. i could not be more happy with it. high flow without alot of noise. i highly recommend this muffler to anyone looking for more profomance then sound. but its noticable sound wise dont worry. anyway heres some pics and a Vid. best part it was $140 installed and out the door. :D :D

11519170096.jpg

11519184116.jpg

http://media.putfile.com/dynomaxsuperturbo

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That just confirmed what kind of muffler I'm gonna get welded into my stock piping this summer. Thanks for the video!

nice....i wish i could play the video(for some reason it doesnt play for me).

do you have windows media player? have to for it to work...far as i know

yeah i'm very happy with this muffler..it keeps getting better as it breaks in!

Is this a OHV or SOHC 4.0?

its a '96..the SOHC was not a option untill '97. so its a OHV..lol

i do have wmp......what do you do save target as?..........i usually just clik on the link and it comes up as the putfile player....

96limitedX said:
its a '96..the SOHC was not a option untill '97. so its a OHV..lol

Yeah, good point. It sounds better than mine with the Flowmaster does...so I guess when I finally change the stock type system out on the other one I'll go with the Dynomax.

got it to work that sounds really nice...

lol thanks guys..i'll have to get another vid in a few days..after about 70miles today its really opend up and allready sounds better!

niiiiice, i like it. Not too loud but not quite.

Souns good..i wonder what the sound differences would be between the OHV and SOHC??

the sohc has a high picth to it not as deep.. idk thats the best way i can descibe it..the ohv seems deeper and lower of a tone..when comparing the exact same muffler on a sohc vs as ohv..in my experance anyway.

Took a look at the web site.....jegs........so, whats the part#??

Aloha, Mark

i have no clue..lol its just a dynomax super turbo..the shop i had it done at got the right one i needed. 2.25 in/out..

sounds kinda like the tractor muffler on my 92 :)

but much much smoother.......very nice

The OHV's didn't use the dual in/ single out mufflers as the SOHC did?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back