Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie
I'm back...

I just can't resist white lifted 90s Fords, so here is my fourth white 1st Gen.
help.gif

I really won't be doing too much to this thing, besides a few personal touches here and there. I bought it to use it.
It was running a little rough, so I gave it a tune up.

IMG_6353.jpg

IMG_6355.jpg

What I've done so far:
Plugs and wires
Fuel filter - the gas is bad, since it was sitting so long
Oil and filter
Serpentine belt
Fixed a few vacuum lines

Plans for the near future:
Polish wheels
Paint bumpers and sliders so they match. I'm thinking flat tan instead of my usual ultra flat black.
Stiffer shocks all around. Rancho 3000s are too soft, even 2 per tire.

My first was a 92 XLT.
full.jpg

full.jpg

The second was a 92 Eddie built by board member @Felix
full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

The 3rd one was a 91 Eddie.
full.jpg

My current white 90s lifted Fords:
90s_fords.jpg

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:thumbsup:

It's great to see that you're back in the saddle with a "new" 1st gen.:chug:

Enjoy her. Zukman was happy to see her go to a good home and stay in the family. Zukmam would have been proud.

did tune up get her running properly?

Congrats!! Good to have you back. As they said you HAVE to keep this one forever :)

:thumbsup:

It's great to see that you're back in the saddle with a "new" 1st gen.:chug:
Very happy to have another rig to share the experiences with the family.

Enjoy her. Zukman was happy to see her go to a good home and stay in the family. Zukmam would have been proud.
I'm glad to hear that.
I was thinking (if it's alright with you and your dad) of getting a small memorial sticker for her and putting in on there somewhere.

did tune up get her running properly?

Congrats!! Good to have you back. As they said you HAVE to keep this one forever :)
Thanks Jamie. I do plan to keep this one, and make a lot of memories with it. It will be the vehicle my son (9yrs old) learns to drive in. He has already been driving the van sitting on my lap for a couple of years. He usually takes over as soon as we hit the dirt. He'll learn to wheel in it, maybe eventually take it to camp with buddies...?

wesley_drive_van.png

It’s still a little rough, but there is some bad gas in there. I'm hoping it will get a bit smoother once the stabilizer and 91 octane I put runs through it.

Last edited:

Clean the mas air flow sensor ?

I remember driving on my uncles lap when I was about 9-10
Gotta start em early!!!

Clean the mas air flow sensor ?
That's the plan. I thought I had some brakleen but couldn't find it. I'll get some tomorrow and see if that will help. There may still be some bad vacuum lines, too. I connected alI could find, but with the age of the rig, some of them could be dried and cracked.

MAF cleaned with no change. Got some fuel stabilizer in it and after I smog it (this week) I’ll get some 91 octane in there to mix it up.

5902FB40-AA66-44C5-BA7F-A6C607C96E3E.jpeg

I just realized I haven't updated this thread for a while. Here is what's going on with it as of now.

• The rough running issue was a bad coil pack, and was replaced.
  • It didn't pass smog because the catalytic converter was hollowed out. That was replaced and it passed smog, but now has an exhaust leak at the front flange, to go along with the leak at the driver side header.
  • The starter relay took a dump yesterday.
  • It leaks oil from a few places. I've driven it maybe 40 miles since I got it and my driveway looks like it's been parked there since 1991.
  • The beam pivot bushings need to be replaced. The passenger side is wallowed out so the beam is moving all over the place.
  • The passenger coil spring is rubbing on the frame and looks like it has been for years. The passenger tire is about 1.5" inward compared to the driver side, and the front end sits 1.75" lower on the passenger side.
Looking at the front end yesterday to try and figure out that last two on the list, it seems the front end is a hodgepodge of parts and is confusing... The radius arms are definitely Autofab, but I'm not sure where the beams are from. I'm guessing the shock hoops are custom. The passenger beam is cut and turned (in the wrong spot) and has what looks like a max camber alignment bushing. I can't see any modification marks on the driver side beam, but it has the stock pivot bracket and has a 6" lift spring... I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do, but after I replace the pivot bushings, I might see if I can just move the passenger side beam pivot point over and down.

Sounds like a real Frankenstein project :D

Not this again. Just fix the thing. :)

I’m going a totally different way. I’m finally sick of not having a “nice” car. Both of my rigs are 24+ years old, I haven’t used it in almost a year of owning it… I’m over it.

Last edited:

Yep, it does seem to be more fun for the folks actually "using" their toys, than in the driveway working on one all the time. Good luck to you sir.

Yep, it does seem to be more fun for the folks actually "using" their toys, than in the driveway working on one all the time. Good luck to you sir.
I'll still be an off-roader, but it's going to be a nice ride and I'll be able to use it. :D

So .. your getting a Bronco? 😁

So .. your getting a Bronco? 😁
I would love one, but I went to drive a new ranger and saw a few on the lot. They are listed at 20k over retail and I'm not paying that much for anything, ever... :)

I'll be frequenting the IH8MUD forum more often, for a clue of possible rigs. :cool:
I already gave someone a deposit to hold his rig until I get my refi money (hopefully in the next 2 weeks), that is almost exactly what I was looking for.

I would love one, but I went to drive a new ranger and saw a few on the lot. They are listed at 20k over retail and I'm not paying that much for anything, ever... :)

I'll be frequenting the IH8MUD forum more often, for a clue of possible rigs. :cool:
I already gave someone a deposit to hold his rig until I get my refi money (hopefully in the next 2 weeks), that is almost exactly what I was looking for.

So ...🌮

FJ80 or a 90's 4Runner..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was originally thinking I wanted a truck, so I drove a Taco, Ranger and Frontier (all 4door shortbed 4x4). After driving them and thinking about it, I realized an SUV is just more practical for me.
FJ80 or a 90's 4Runner..
Both good guesses, Tom!

The Tacomas and 4Runners are selling for absolutely ridiculous prices, that i can't justify paying just because "I know what I have" people are asking for it.

After a ton of research, I'm really liking the 03-09 Lexus GX470. It's basically a nicer v8 3rd gen 4Runner with more interior space.
This is the one I've got a deposit on and hope to pick up, soon. It's a 2006 with only 115k miles which is really low for these. It's already "done" but I'll obviously put my own little touches on it.

IMG_0189.JPG

So someone buy my explorer! :)

Last edited:

Back