Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie
I'm back in the game.

I can't seem to get away from white first gen 4x4 explorers...

My first was a 92 XLT.
full.jpg

full.jpg

The second was a 92 Eddie built by board member @Felix
full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

I did have a black 2010 XLT with a small front BTF spacer lift and 32s:
full.jpg

This one is a 91 Eddie.
full.jpg

It's pretty clean besides a couple dents, which I don't mind. I ended up paying $1300 for it. I drove it straight to a service place and got new brakes since I could feel the front rotors were very warped.

The plan is to daily this thing for a couple years before I build it up, because daily driving an extended E350 v10 on 33s is a little rough on the wallet. I'm guessing I'll save around $200 a month.

full.jpg

The armrest is still in tact!
full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Auto
4x4

This won't be a very active thread for a while since it's staying the way it is for a while, except for very small fixes here and there.

Things I want to fix sooner than later are:
Rear window actuators
Get a newer stereo and speakers
Tinted windows

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:popcorn: . this will be good...

I'll call you when I pull the long travel out of the Navajo:D

SUB-scribing!!

:popcorn: . this will be good...

I'll call you when I pull the long travel out of the Navajo:D
Tempting, but I still have the d60 and 10.5 sitting in the back yard. :cool:

Nice! Glad to see another Explorer in your life :D

Where can I see the E350?
I love the Gen I EB!!!

I have a 2000 E350 Chateau 7.3 with 65K on it I plan to convert to 4x4 in 2019

wow, it's almost like going back in time. :)

Congrats on your 15th white 1st gen addition. :D

Sure is in good shape, and only 140k is hard to find these days. Score!

So clean, almost minty! I’m guessing it’s had only one owner, maybe two, and you found it inland/desert.

I Have the tan cargo cover for that!

Hey, congrats, that is a nice one.

I Have the tan cargo cover for that!

I have two of them in my garage. I should throw them away, but as soon as I do someone will ask if anyone has one.

Look killer.

Where can I see the E350?
I love the Gen I EB!!!

I have a 2000 E350 Chateau 7.3 with 65K on it I plan to convert to 4x4 in 2019
Nice! I still have the 4" leaf springs for the front U-Joint conversion I was going to put on my last van (also why I have those axles), FYI... ;)

Here is my thread on Portal - Spaceball 1

So clean, almost minty! I’m guessing it’s had only one owner, maybe two, and you found it inland/desert.

Not sure about how many owners, but it was actually an auction vehicle, and I found it in Yorba Linda! A retired guy that buys auction vehicles and turns them for a profit. After we agreed on a price I asked him how much he paid for it. He only paid $850 so he did OK. :)

So I'm guessing you would be open to more trail type runs with this? Love to get back out doing more wheeling even if it's simple trails. Plus I have something a lot more time now too.

So I'm guessing you would be open to more trail type runs with this? Love to get back out doing more wheeling even if it's simple trails. Plus I have something a lot more time now too.
Yes! I plan to join you guys whenever you go out, I'll just have to take the easy lines for a while. I'd be into Cleghorn or easier Big Bear trails, etc...

I'm actually heading out to Truckhaven this weekend (in the van) with my son, so he can ride his dirt bike. I'm either going to borrow and bike or a side-by-side from work to take out there, too. Head out Saturday morning and come back Sunday mid-morning.

index.php

You know TDS is this weekend right? I was thinking of heading down there myself on Saturday. Need to test out the Ranger. Which is why I was saying doing lighter trails, because I can just take it vs JP.

I checked the weather for this weekend, and it says 80% chance of rain out there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, it rained all the way out here, but it’s nice where we are in Blair Valley.

DA38CA68-1A2D-45BF-85E6-E6FDC9D0CA97.jpeg
1B3CCA90-78F8-48DC-9590-95F2AA7F56C2.jpeg
DC4966BB-EB76-4434-B6E4-355555EB4AC7.jpeg

Back