• Register Today It's free!

BT93's sloped BL thread

bt93

Reaction score
City, State
NE Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Eddie V8
Just order the pa-853 from summit racing via an e-bay listing. I intend to do the sloped BL with a combination of f-150 and stock ex springs plus the shackles until i can afford the Superlift springs. I'm really not interested in the SOA due to the fact I'll have no sway bars and most of the pics I see look a bit too tall in the rear. I'm really picky about my stance. Hope this works out the way I've planed. Any suggestions? This task should start in about a week or so.
I'll post a some pics of the process.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Alright, change of plans! I found a deal on e-bay for Fabtech 3.5" superflex rear lift springs for a gen 1 2wd. Will these work? Every bone in my body was telling me they will! So I bought them. Hope it all works out.

I don't see why they wouldn't, they're probably made to match the 3" lift spindles for the 2wd ex's

I'm super stoked about this whole project!

I don't see why they wouldn't, they're probably made to match the 3" lift spindles for the 2wd ex's

Aren't the first-gen rear axles spring-over, while the second-gen are spring-under? Doesn't that change something on the spring mounts?

Aren't the first-gen rear axles spring-over, while the second-gen are spring-under? Doesn't that change something on the spring mounts?

No sir the 1st gens are spring under.

And 2nd gen springs can be used on 1st gens.. Our OME-36 springs were made for a 1996 and worked prefectly on our '92.

~Mark

All explorers from the factory 91-01 including sporttrac were SUA (Spring Under Axle) I think they did this to prevent axle wrap.

All explorers from the factory 91-01 including sporttrac were SUA (Spring Under Axle) I think they did this to prevent axle wrap.

OK, ok, just askin'... I'm admittedly not up-to-par on my 1st-gen knowledge. I never owned one of those... Came close before the Ranger, but never found one in my price range that didn't need a new front end... Just had to ask the question, that's all.

-Joe

im assuming the V8 suspension varies from mine?

Anyone know the Block measurements for the sloped BL?

Whats a block measurement?

Ohhh measurements of the pucks.. got it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looky!!

X001-2.jpg

X002-2.jpg

Back