Want to do a solid axle swap? READ HERE! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Want to do a solid axle swap? READ HERE!

So you want to do a SAS on your Explorer/Ranger/BII? Dont really know were to start? To much info to sort through?

We can help. :) This thread is the be all- end all of Explorer, Ranger, and BII solid axle swap tech info.

Solid front axle data thread by FROADER

Bolt in D44 swap The easiest SAS imaginable, practically bolt in by Dannyboy

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Okay, i did some house cleaning. Feel free to post your added suggestions here.

We had too many darn stuck threads. IMHO when the first half of the forum page is stickies then they start to get ignored by the majority of the people. The general idea is clean everything up and get links to the data in one main SAS info thread.

If a new project starts up that isnt covered above, or there is something out there that i missed, i have no problem adding it to the data posts. :)

Last edited:

im trying to do a axle swap on my 1990 ranger i put 9in lift on it 6inleaf/coil springs and 3in body lift im trying to do danna 60 or 2/2.5ton but i will settle for a danna 44 does anyone know where i can find any of these?:rangerred:

im trying to do a axle swap on my 1990 ranger i put 9in lift on it 6inleaf/coil springs and 3in body lift im trying to do danna 60 or 2/2.5ton but i will settle for a danna 44 does anyone know where i can find any of these?:rangerred:
Local ads? CraigsList? :rolleyes:

Is there a certain way or thing to look for while purchasing a dana 44. A guy is selling one for $250 with a custom truss

Is there a certain way or thing to look for while purchasing a dana 44. A guy is selling one for $250 with a custom truss
Unless you're going to run links, I don't really see a need for a truss. Just weld the tubes to the center section and call it good.

New to the SAS thing. (I have viewed the how to threads above) so I don't want to get the wrong thing.

Thanks for the info!

In the 5 year plan! Thanks for the comprehensive info thread. Much appreciated.

Back