1997 Ford license plate lights are not working. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1997 Ford license plate lights are not working.

can anyone tell me why my lights would not be working on my license plate, i replaced old bulbs with new bulbs and checked every fuse and relay in the vehicle and none are blown. If i buy new lights and wiring, how do i hook it up so itll work properly. the old bulbs was burnt out or had a black tip on teh end when i took them out as tho they were blown, my email adress is eucredawwg@yahoo.com thanks Tim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

About the only thing you can do is check the bulb sockets to see if the are making contact with the bulb. Then, using a Test Light, check the wiring back to where the problem is.

Mine go out every so often, and I usually just have to reach up behind the bumper and wiggle the connection. YMMV

License plate lamp wiring

Hi,
I do own a Ford Explorere XLT 1997 4-drs. 4.0 V6. I need to buy the wiring, or the complete thing for the license plate lights. The male connecter is broken and I cannot find on anywhere. Can someone help me out with this?:salute:

one of mine actually shorted out and melted the plastic housing

Back