Ram Air Hood

jd4242

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
va beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
92explorer&94 ranger
just wanted to show off my new hood:D:D any questions just ask;)
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg
5.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

there is fiberglass under this bondo
8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

23.jpg

22.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lol. looks good. i want to see the whole truck painted before the trip!!! no excuses! :p
spray on black bedliner on the underside?
looks a lot better without that dumb hood bug visor.

it looks so weirdly tiny in this pic, combo of the angle and the size of the tires i guess
15.jpg

ps, you hood light is out :p

that is freaking awesome. you should go over the top of your rig with that color and have a two tone look. that would be mean right there.

Bloody amazing work!!!

thanks y'all

that is freaking awesome. you should go over the top of your rig with that color and have a two tone look. that would be mean right there.

the whole thing is getting painted that color.im putting two black racing strips down the whole thing when its done;)

Nice work man!!! that looks amazing :thumbsup: Good call on the plugs too

yea had to have plugs near bye for when it rains,it sits like an inch off my filter!

Looks great man! Does it give you any sort of performance gains?

people as going to say BS but yea i think i did gain a VERY VERY little.it sits very close to my filter and your be very surprised how much air blows through.just with a hair dryer blowing into it you can feel it under the truck.also i think it keeps my motor a little cooler.seems like my fans don't run as much.its crazy after the motor gets real hot and you shut the truck off and give it a min, you can see heat pouring out them,enough air flow that it will blow the ashes off a cigarette when you put it close to them!!

lol. looks good. i want to see the whole truck painted before the trip!!! no excuses! :p
spray on black bedliner on the underside?
looks a lot better without that dumb hood bug visor.

it looks so weirdly tiny in this pic, combo of the angle and the size of the tires i guess
15.jpg

ps, you hood light is out :p
no took the bulb out for the pics! :p yea someone told me yesterday that my truck reminded them of a little kid in his fathers big boots!! for everyone else don't mind the one fender flare,i ordered fiberglass fenders 3weeks ago so if they ever show up those fenders are coming off!!long story and don't wanna talk about it!!! :(

thanks everyone.ALOT of work went into it.thought i would get a couple of why would you scoop a explorer comments,witch is fine.each his own.i think it looks really good and i appreciate all the positive comments :)

thanks everyone.ALOT of work went into it.thought i would get a couple of why would you scoop a explorer comments,witch is fine.each his own.i think it looks really good and i appreciate all the positive comments :)

Actually I was curious of why you would do it to a lifted truck but it looks good and the idea that you have plugs for it so figured you did it for looks mainly.

did it for performance also.it has a FULLY build motor;) and to help keep it cool,it is my dd.the plugs only go in when raining or 4x4ing. i want a clean show lifted truck that i can still wheel hard!!

so.... why would you scoop a explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that's a given...look at it..enough said!! ;) hahah

Back