• Register Today It's free!

01' steering stabilizer?

88LSC

Reaction score
City, State
Halethorpe MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport,00 V8 AWD Mounty
Hi guys i have been trying to find a steering stabilizer for my 01' sport but all i can find is ones for a 91-94 explorer. Does anyone know who makes a steering stabilizer for the 2nd generation explorer's, and if nobody makes one will the 91-94 work at all?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you're better off asking in the 95-01 section of the forum.

And the suspension on the two different generations is completley different so I doubt they will interchange.

sorry i didnt realize I posted in the 91'-94' section...was looking at both for info and thought i was still in 95'-01' section when i posted. Thx for the info and would it be possiable for a mod to move this to the 95'-01' section?

Moved to the right forum. I don't think they make one for the 2nd gen. If they had one I'd try Explorer Express.. You can do things like add a Polyurethane bushings for the sway bar end links to help improve overall road handling.

some sites (advanced and such) call the 3rd shock coming from the passenger side of the pumpkin to the frame a steering stabilizer. 2nd gens don't have what most people would call a steering stabilizer on the steering system.

Back