Looking for some amp advice. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for some amp advice.

you got lucky. The fact is that they do nowhere near rated power and have an extremely high rate of failure. They are built for the mass uneducated market. Maxxonics has driven the name Hifonics into the ground along with others. Show me a series VI through X and I will be impressed.

I am not trying to insult you.....You just need to do some more homework before making a purchase and get your moneys worth. Contact Stephen mantz at Zed audio and ask him what he thinks about those amps.

http://www.zedaudiocorp.com/

Not trying to be a dick either, but I didnt buy my amp to "Impress" you.

And again, I could give a **** less what Stephen Mantz at Zed Audio thinks about Hifonics.

My BXi1606D went through hell. I was its 2nd owner, Its pushed 2 15" L7s, 2 12" L7s, 2 10" L7s, 3 Audiobahn flame series something or other 12's, ive dropped it on my garage floor twice (From sitting on top of my box sideways so about 6' to hard concrete), I got it before I really knew how voltage could affect amps (Blaring it, Taurus electrical system dropping down to 10-11 volts sometimes for long periods of time), an RCA jack broke off when my box wasnt secured down and the box slid with RCA's that were too short for the Taurus. And look at this last video I made with it STILL POUNDING.

Was that pushing them to theyre limits? No. But was it pushing the hell out of them with clean crisp bass? Yea.

I will be a Hifonics user all of my life. I personally have no experience with theyre subs or anything else, but I will continue to shop for theyre amps when I ever need to upgrade.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And again, I could give a **** less what Stephen Mantz at Zed Audio thinks about Hifonics.

My BXi1606D went through hell. I was its 2nd owner, Its pushed 2 15" L7s, 2 12" L7s, 2 10" L7s, 3 Audiobahn flame series something or other 12's, ive dropped it on my garage floor twice (From sitting on top of my box sideways so about 6' to hard concrete), I got it before I really knew how voltage could affect amps (Blaring it, Taurus electrical system dropping down to 10-11 volts sometimes for long periods of time), an RCA jack broke off when my box wasnt secured down and the box slid with RCA's that were too short for the Taurus. And look at this last video I made with it STILL POUNDING.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HLQ0rI8mNz...=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HLQ0rI8mNz0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Was that pushing them to theyre limits? No. But was it pushing the hell out of them with clean crisp bass? Yea.

I will be a Hifonics user all of my life. I personally have no experience with theyre subs or anything else, but I will continue to shop for theyre amps when I ever need to upgrade.

You do realize that forums are about people posting their individual opinions. I have mine and you have yours. Let me see.....L5 L7 and audiobahn....Have you ever heard clean crisp bass?

Do you really think those amps will be around 10 or 20 yrs from now? They are meant to be disposable. The Zed built Usacoustics amps that I run are from the mid 80's.

ive personaly never heard of zed and ive heard of alot of companies that sell car audio. im on a very impressive team that when we show up with our cars we dominate for the most part.theres a couple cars that will hit a 160db daily... the guts of the amps your talking about look impressive. i dont think hifonics will be around for that long because their new series of amps the "HiFi" are not as good as the bxi edition. so it seems like they are goin down. everyone does have thier own opinion and thats why i have my 2610 but thats just tickling my subs for the winter. the amp that i have for this years comps is 5 times as powerfull. the bxi has never let me down and ive beat the piss out of it and will keep doin it till it gives up on me and i know it will. ive seen guys that have the same subs that i have put 4000-5000rms to each sub and they take it so you can see that the bxi2610 is moving my subs but the subs just laugh at that power.

You do realize that forums are about people posting their individual opinions. I have mine and you have yours. Let me see.....L5 L7 and audiobahn....Have you ever heard clean crisp bass?

the old school audiobahn compresions are badass subs! i hit some hig numbers on them and impressed even the people that were talking sh*t about them.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HLQ0rI8mNz...=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HLQ0rI8mNz0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

post a vid with the 2610 pownding on the subs. the 1600 looks like its not doin anything to your subs

Honestly, I think my system with the 1606 was the loudest around. I never got the chance to goto any competitions, but anyones system ive been compared to, doesnt even come close to mine. My speaker wire was shorter for the left sub and I mounted my amp in the middle so I have to get some new speaker wire, but with just 1 sub hooked up, its just as loud with the 2610 as both were with the 1606.

I dont think Hifonics will be around in 20 years. I honestly dont care if they are or not, I love the 2 amps ive had from them. And I never said those subs are all ive had, I just said those are all what the 1606 has pushed. Ive had a couple PPI amps, Kenwoods (Terrible), Dual (Worst), and another cheapie ones.

Maybe Hifonics isnt top of the line, but for what I paid for this amp comparing to others, AND having the confidence in them from my 1606, I am damn proud of my purchase. If I had a full time job and more money to spare, I would have probably stayed away from Hifonics.

Honestly, I think my system with the 1606 was the loudest around. I never got the chance to goto any competitions, but anyones system ive been compared to, doesnt even come close to mine. My speaker wire was shorter for the left sub and I mounted my amp in the middle so I have to get some new speaker wire, but with just 1 sub hooked up, its just as loud with the 2610 as both were with the 1606.

I dont think Hifonics will be around in 20 years. I honestly dont care if they are or not, I love the 2 amps ive had from them. And I never said those subs are all ive had, I just said those are all what the 1606 has pushed. Ive had a couple PPI amps, Kenwoods (Terrible), Dual (Worst), and another cheapie ones.

Maybe Hifonics isnt top of the line, but for what I paid for this amp comparing to others, AND having the confidence in them from my 1606, I am damn proud of my purchase. If I had a full time job and more money to spare, I would have probably stayed away from Hifonics.
good to hear! im actually thinking about selling my 2610D and wish you should have told me that you really wanted one i would have given a great deal but i can sell the amp eally quick. im only gonna use it for a lil longer.
lets see some vids!

Hmmmm....how much you want for it? I could always return mine ;)

Or I could bridge em and get me an 18" Solo X :D

Hell even if I dont buy it, I know about 10 people who would kill to have my amp (After seeing mine :p:) but cant afford a new one.

ive personaly never heard of zed and ive heard of alot of companies that sell car audio. im on a very impressive team that when we show up with our cars we dominate for the most part.theres a couple cars that will hit a 160db daily... the guts of the amps your talking about look impressive. i dont think hifonics will be around for that long because their new series of amps the "HiFi" are not as good as the bxi edition. so it seems like they are goin down. everyone does have thier own opinion and thats why i have my 2610 but thats just tickling my subs for the winter. the amp that i have for this years comps is 5 times as powerfull. the bxi has never let me down and ive beat the piss out of it and will keep doin it till it gives up on me and i know it will. ive seen guys that have the same subs that i have put 4000-5000rms to each sub and they take it so you can see that the bxi2610 is moving my subs but the subs just laugh at that power.

Zed audio built the series VI through X Hifonics. He built the original Collossus that is a legend.

http://ampguts.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=854

He also built the ESX I posted. Usacoustics,Nakamichi,Lanzar, Rodek, Autotek, Planet Audio and Crunch.

He talks about the amps he has built for other companies. He also has a line of his own brand.

http://www.zedaudiocorp.com/About/history.html

ac9269e0.jpg

0e216b03.jpg

These are Zed built amps that I own. This is a Planet Audio Hybrid vacuum tube 4 channel. This is one of the best sound quality amps ever made.

leviathan.jpg

Zed Leviathon 6 channel.

PDR_0016.jpg

Zed built Usacoustics 2100 and 2150

PDR_00363.jpg

Zed built Alphasonic 4050. This amp is rated at 50 watts by 4 yet it benched at 126 averaged on all 4 channels. these are insanely underrated. Amps like these can be found on CL all the time and they go pretty cheap because people don't realize what they have. If you stumble across one I would strongly advise you grab it. You will be shocked.

the old school audiobahn compresions are badass subs! i hit some hig numbers on them and impressed even the people that were talking sh*t about them.

My point is what other subs have you heard that you can make a comparison? I have no doubt they can get loud. However you can get insanely loud and still sound damm good. An FI BTL would rape an audiobahn and get louder doing it while still sounding great.

My point is what other subs have you heard that you can make a comparison? I have no doubt they can get loud. However you can get insanely loud and still sound damm good. An FI BTL would rape an audiobahn and get louder doing it while still sounding great.

no doubt ive had one too. now audioque is the brand i run. and is my fav:thumbsup:

Back