02 x sport pedal response

trailblazer295

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer Sport
Hey guys

Recently been wondering if the pedal response on my 02 x is normal for the vehicle or not. When you want to get moving and press medium-hard on the gas there isn't a real surge of power for several seconds until the RPM's shoot up and finally gets going. Also driven Jeep compass and grand cherokee, the cherokee being an 02 with the inline 6. Is this type of performance normal for this vehicle?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't think its the throttle cable as it does accelerate under very light pedal pressure. It just doesn't have the low end snap I would like. I don't know if that is normal for the vehicle or not.

The throttle position sensor measures four things: closed throttle voltage, wide open throttle voltage, an 'in between' voltage, and the rate at which the voltage changes. Instead of easing into it when you want to pass, give it a quick twitch and the system will see it as you trying to prompt a downshift and respond accordingly.

Thanks for the tip I'll try that.

Back