03 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

03 Explorer Sport

Well since I got my new truck I decided I'd make a page for it.

EDIT: If you see all red X's I am aware of it. Image Station is not cooperating and I will be changing hosts as soon as I get my computer fixed. When changing hosts I will update the mods and future mods so look for an update in the near future!! Sorry for the inconvience if there was any.

Received on 4/30/03:
2003 Explorer Sport XLT Premium, 4x2, Silver Birch

Standard Options:
Convenience Group
Comfort Group
Premium Sport Package

Options:
Moonroof
3.73LS rear axle

Mods:
-Removed side step bars
-Pioneer DEH-P6400
-Pioneer TS-A6867 in front doors
-Stock speakers in rear for now
-Clear Corners
-Muth Signal Mirrors

Future mods:
-MAC Intake
-new exhaust
-Billet grille
-TT/Shackles
-31" Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo
-Flowmaster 50 series
-JL Audio Stealthbox w/ 10" sub

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks real sweet. Personally I like the look with the step bars on, but to each his own. I wish I got to park in the garage.:(

holy cow, why cant my wiper be like that? Its so useless and I want to take it off, but that would leave me with a serious hole to deal with. Yours looks so much cleaner coming out of the glass like that.

Yeah I love the new wiper design. It works much better and looks better.

Some new pics:

My Pioneer headunit (I'll try and get a better pic tomorrow):
fbff4fc0.jpg

Driver's side front speaker:
fbff4fb8.jpg

Passenger side front speaker:
fbff4fb3.jpg

Some other pics:
fbff4faf.jpg

fbff4fa8.jpg

fbff4fa1.jpg

fbff4f9c.jpg

Got my clear corner lenses from Pro Car Parts today. I really like how they look. Great new cheap mod.

fba8be19.jpg

fba8be0d.jpg

fba8bdfe.jpg

fba8bdef.jpg

fba8bde6.jpg

looks sweet!

How much total did it turn out to be and was the install easy? I'm thinking of doing that mod to mine, but I've never modded anything in my life.

2003 Sport?!? I thought all Explorers were re-designed. So made you decide to get the sport over the totally re-designed 4-door.

Originally posted by X-factor
2003 Sport?!? I thought all Explorers were re-designed. So made you decide to get the sport over the totally re-designed 4-door.

Um... the Sport's weren't fully redesigned like the 4-doors. They still have the live axle and leaf springs too.

I got the Sport basically because for the price of it with everything I wanted (basically every option except leather, and the upgraded stereo) I could have gotten a 4-door XLS with nothing special. Plus, I wanted to keep the leaf springs 'cause I want to eventually lift it and that's just not possible for the new 4-doors.

I paid about $50 for the corners shipped. The install was extremely easy. Just open the hood, take out a screw, pull the oem lense off, take out the bulb. Then do that in reverse to put the new ones on. Great, easy, relatively cheap mod.

I see. Well, it looks really good.

nice x

Clear Corners

Those clear corners sure do give your Ex a nice touch. I remember putting those on my Sport for the first time, and let me tell you, it stands out from the rest of the stock Ex's. I also put in blue-ish bulbs to give it a nice effect. I guess I have never gotten a fix-it ticket because they appear to be almost white.

:eek: Love it, you have done a good job on it. I have a 03 Sport as well, I am ordering the very same clear corners that you have here, I have been waiting to do it, can hardly wait. Thanks for the tip on how to install them as well....... :eek:

Brandon:eek:

:eek: By the way, you took off your side step bars, that's something that didn't come on mine, I would love to have some side step bars, did u sell yours or what? Would you sell them? Let me know...

I still have the boards. I haven't sold them and I don't think I'm going to. Unless my mom wants the space in the garage. Sorry.

no problem, was just wondering, if you decide different, let me know........

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:cool: Just ordered the very same clear corners that you got, I am excitted about this. How long did it take to get to you after ordering, very long? I am guessing that it will take like 3-4 days. Oh well..... they will be here soon enough I guess, then I have to put them in....lol Thanks to your post, I can do it I do believe...:eek:

Brandon:cool:

Back