1,100 Miles and MyFord Touch Already Dead | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1,100 Miles and MyFord Touch Already Dead

Thanks for the info, I waited for awhile after getting home, it never woke up, battery was my only option. Have you figured out the master reset yet, how?

Sure. I did notice a master reset option when you click on menu then settings for system (writing this from memory) scroll down and last option will be master reset. It is definitely in there I even clicked it to see what it would say and it said it would erase pretty much everything (phone pairs, radio settings, etc.).

Go through the menu settings and look for it. I'm sure you will find it. Maybe someone else here can be more precise.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the info, I waited for awhile after getting home, it never woke up, battery was my only option. Have you figured out the master reset yet, how?

You can only do a Master Reset if you have screen functionality. I suggest a fuse pull if it freezes like that again.

Here are the instructions for a Master Reset, if the screen isn't completely black:

MENU > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

Rebecca

are there any new updates on software?? I have read there in several places and heard rumors there was a new upgrade that really overhauled MFT O/S. Will ford allow an owner to upgrade to the sd nav? (looking for some corporate good will here). I am EXTREMELY disappointed with the SYNC Services. I really miss the real time traffic/navigation from my 2010 ford edge. the wife drives the 2011 explorer and is complaining about it and is wanting VERY MUCH to move to the new OnStar aftermarket add on... Ford Reps Please reply i have sent numerous complaints with MFT freezing up and being VERY laggy as have others on this forum. We shouldn't have to perform a factory reset to defaults every other month or week. VERY INCONVENIENT... :(

are there any new updates on software?? I have read there in several places and heard rumors there was a new upgrade that really overhauled MFT O/S. Will ford allow an owner to upgrade to the sd nav? (looking for some corporate good will here). I am EXTREMELY disappointed with the SYNC Services. I really miss the real time traffic/navigation from my 2010 ford edge. the wife drives the 2011 explorer and is complaining about it and is wanting VERY MUCH to move to the new OnStar aftermarket add on... Ford Reps Please reply i have sent numerous complaints with MFT freezing up and being VERY laggy as have others on this forum. We shouldn't have to perform a factory reset to defaults every other month or week. VERY INCONVENIENT... :(

There are no new updates to the software. The latest is v2.11, which we just released as a self-install on SYNCMyRide.com. Here is my post about it:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2809832&postcount=1

As far as adding NAV after it leaves the factory, it can't be done.

http://www.explorerforum.comforumsshowthread.php?p=2805615#post2805615

Our goal for MyFord/MyLincoln Touch is optimal, best-in-class performance. Like other technology (e.g., cell phones, laptops, etc.), performance improvements are achieved through software updates, often based on customer feedback.

Rebecca

Our goal for MyFord/MyLincoln Touch is optimal, best-in-class performance. Like other technology (e.g., cell phones, laptops, etc.), performance improvements are achieved through software updates, often based on customer feedback.

Rebecca

Although my MFT works reasonably well, I think Ford has to do an order of magnitude change to it's performance to even approach being best-in-class. The system has the promise to be that, but it falls far short in performance. As has been said several times on here, incremental improvements are not what its needed, wholesale overhaul is what is required.

I agree Draper, it up to speed, the system works most of the time ok, but the constant reboots or battery disconnects is not good, don't need to on a long trip have to stop and reset the car, should not have to do this at all.
A revamp of the software package to address all these issues needs to happen soon.

guess I'm joining the crowd..

well it happened to mine...400 miles... worked ok in the morning... after work, my wife started our 2012 XLT up... no screen, nothing... blank and nothing..
trouble is I traded a Taurus X for this..waited since April... couldn't get the 11 and got a 12... and waited and had to talk the wife into keeping it.. great looking and nice riding... except I don't wanna have to hum to myself.. to the dealer tomorrow :(

well it happened to mine...400 miles... worked ok in the morning... after work, my wife started our 2012 XLT up... no screen, nothing... blank and nothing..
trouble is I traded a Taurus X for this..waited since April... couldn't get the 11 and got a 12... and waited and had to talk the wife into keeping it.. great looking and nice riding... except I don't wanna have to hum to myself.. to the dealer tomorrow :(

Hi, ricko23!

Was your screen still blank this morning? If so, keep us posted on what your dealer says. If you need any help, please feel free to send me a message!

Rebecca

guess I'm joining the crowd..

checked it out this morning... still dark... went to the dealer... they first tried to disconnect battery for 5 minutes...it did bring back radio... no screen..then when I tried to change to sirius.. gone again.. brought it back to dealer (went on a little road trip) they then tried a download.. all to no avail..since mine was built on Sep 1, it should have the latest.. Tech did connect withFord on this... will be getting a new unit.. the dealer and tech are very, very customer helpful, so.. will wait.. and hum...til it's fixed... will update.. when it is time.

Rick.

checked it out this morning... still dark... went to the dealer... they first tried to disconnect battery for 5 minutes...it did bring back radio... no screen..then when I tried to change to sirius.. gone again.. brought it back to dealer (went on a little road trip) they then tried a download.. all to no avail..since mine was built on Sep 1, it should have the latest.. Tech did connect withFord on this... will be getting a new unit.. the dealer and tech are very, very customer helpful, so.. will wait.. and hum...til it's fixed... will update.. when it is time.

Rick.

If you're doing updates and it's still not working. Tell them to replace the APIM.

Rick.

You can borrow my Walkman ;)

Hopefully, your dealership can get the module quickly and have you rockin' out to some good tunes in no time. Keep us posted!

Rebecca

guess I'm joining the crowd

update... well after finding out that I indeed need a new MFT unit wednesday late afternoon, the new one came in today.. so by Monday afternoon it will be in.. good to know that apparently they are rushing to get the problem solved... makes me happy!

Rick.

HUH? ok now what....

I had the explorer out.... 4.5 days no sound, no screen... update download by ford..
suddenly my screen comes on and Microsoft Sync comes on and says regular scheduled maintenance... goes thru the what ever... and now everything is back to normal... so very, very ... strange...now I wonder.. is this normal?

Rick...

Isuddenly my screen comes on and Microsoft Sync comes on and says regular scheduled maintenance... goes thru the what ever... and now everything is back to normal... so very, very ... strange...now I wonder.. is this normal?

Rick...

No it is not normal but it happens all too frequently which is why people are pretty upset.

I had mine to Ford this past monday, they reinstalled V2.11 and the very next day the same thing happened, "system maintenance". It is working properly so I do not have to bring it in for another service. I will bring it in each and every time so I have a documented record of problems just in case. Also I want Ford to be charged back for these issues. Pullling the fuse or battery cable just keeps them out of the loop as if nothing happened at all. Of course that is just my opinion....

Yeah, that article is adding insult to injury. If only we were smart enough to know how to use it, it would be great.:mad: What a load of BS.

Sounds like the same thing our polititions said about the health care bill. If only the American people were smart enough to understand it, they would love it.

Maybe they are going to train us on where the fuses are located and how to disconnect the battery cable. ;)

It's back..

Took the Explorer in ... got the new unit installed, downloaded, updated.. and back in business...

Rick..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seriously....they are putting this back on the user :thumbdwn: just another log on the fire :mad:

Back