16 Explorer Tyre Replacment | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

16 Explorer Tyre Replacment

Hi All

I am new to this forum joined today. I have 16 limited explorer with 40k miles and need new tyres

Costco have good deal going on with Michile $70 off and penny installation so I thought let's grab the opportunity to change hankook to Michelin

I was planning to have defender ltx but they don't have in stock and they can't order it either. Premier ltx really have bad reviews on life and sales associates also mentioned same so decided not to go with premier ltx

Only available option left is PRIMACY TOUR A/S. I am not finding any reviews about this tyre online so I am really confused on what I am getting. How's the quality, comfort, handling, noise etc.

If any forum member have any idea and if they have used it can share there experience will be really helpful

Thank you in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi All

I am new to this forum joined today. I have 16 limited explorer with 40k miles and need new tyres

Costco have good deal going on with Michile $70 off and penny installation so I thought let's grab the opportunity to change hankook to Michelin

I was planning to have defender ltx but they don't have in stock and they can't order it either. Premier ltx really have bad reviews on life and sales associates also mentioned same so decided not to go with premier ltx

Only available option left is PRIMACY TOUR A/S. I am not finding any reviews about this tyre online so I am really confused on what I am getting. How's the quality, comfort, handling, noise etc.

If any forum member have any idea and if they have used it can share there experience will be really helpful

Thank you in advance

Any Michelin is going to be better than the stock Hankook.

Hi All

Thank you in advance

Here is what consumer reports have to say about that tire - Tests Reveal the Michelin Premier A/S Tire Doesn’t Give Up Grip as it Wears - Consumer Reports News

You may want to consider the Michelin LTX M/S2. Great for off road use but not so harsh on pavement.

I replaced mine with Cooper Discoverer SRX and love them. Got over 12k miles on them and zero complaints. They look good, handle well and there was no noticeable difference in road noise compared to the Michelins. They’re rated for light off road use and they have handled fantastic in snow and wet roads. Very pleased with them and they cost a fraction of the Michelins. The tires feature a “wear square” and mine still show 100% on all 4 tires.

Back