17X9 & 17X10.5 BULLITTS, will they fit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

17X9 & 17X10.5 BULLITTS, will they fit?

I found a set of wheels I really like, I am concerned with the offset. The 17x9's have a +24mm offset and the 10.5's have a +27mm offset. They can be viewed at www.wheelreplicas.com/bullitt.htm let me know what you experts think. I am putting them on a 2wd and will run different size tires front and rear. I am also planning a slight lowering front & rear. TIA

Yes they will fit, but you're gonna have some minor rub issues.

Front
The inside of the wheel lip will probably rub on the lower control arm. You can either grind the lip of the control arm off were the wheel rubs, or just not turn the steering wheel all the way to lock. Depending on what size tire you run, the sidewall may rub on the swaybar at full lock.

Rear
The sidewall will rubb the E-brake cable and the inner fenderwells. Tie the ebrake cable back a little with some zip-ties and "clearance" the inner fenderwell with a big shop hammer. :)

has anyone tried these rims?

im looking at 17x9 front with 245/25/17 and back 17x10.5 275/40/17

rims: bullits
tires: nexen n3000

i know the tires will look funny but i have dropped my explorer around 3-4" all the way around and have seen a pic of another explorer with same size tires but not same size rims and it looked sweet, like a street rod.

i just want to know how bad of a rub it will have and if they will stick out b/c i want them to run flush.

front +24mm offset with 5.95 backspacing
back +27mm offset with 6.63 backspacing

if anyone knows where i can find pic please let me know. and yes i have already tried a search for the

THANKS

Back