18" Chrome Stock Explorer Eddie Bauer Rims where to get? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

18" Chrome Stock Explorer Eddie Bauer Rims where to get?

16EBBOY

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Eddie Bauer V6
I have an 06' Explorer Eddie Bauer with the 17" Satin painted rims. Where would i get the 18" chromes? Ive checked ebay but most of the ones i find they are only selling 1! WTF so where would i get these?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

To be blunt, the money you are going to waste on factory rims should be a crime, you can get a very nice pair of aftermarkets for half the price, I have to replace one of my 16's before the lease is up- $625, I paid 1400 for my 22s with tires.

yeah i found as low as $250 a rim, but personally i dont want aftermarket rims id rather stick with stock.

I actually have 4 used ones that I am trying to sell. They are off a 2006 XLT. Again they're used with tires, but they have been sittin in my yard just collecting dust. I can send you some photos.

Make me an offer if your interested.

they are the eddie bauer and limited 18" chrome rims? yes send me pictures but i may not buy right this momment.

I just purchased a new 2010 Limited and I was surprised to find that my 18" Chrome wheels are not really true chrome wheels but a chrome plastic covering on plain cast wheels. Is this a new in 2010 or are all "Chrome" wheels for the explorer like this? I was VERY disappointed when I noticed this.

Yes the 18" are like this but the 2010 20" wheels look pure chrome! but im not sure.

I just purchased a new 2010 Limited and I was surprised to find that my 18" Chrome wheels are not really true chrome wheels but a chrome plastic covering on plain cast wheels. Is this a new in 2010 or are all "Chrome" wheels for the explorer like this? I was VERY disappointed when I noticed this.

I was very disappointed too, a couple of mine are starting to flake and it looks like the previous owner thought they were hubcaps and tried to pry one off, not a good look. With what they charge to replace them you'd think they would actually be of some quality.

Unfortunately it's what they have been doing for a while now and it's not just Ford. My friend bought a new challenger and it's the same thing on that.

I'd suggest the same as up top. I recently zinged a curb in some snow and had to replace just one of my stock rims. Dealer charged $1250 for an '07 Limited rim (Not tire, JUST the rim). I had an insurance claim in on it anyway due to some other suspension damage, so it was covered.

The cheapest way to get a replacement chrome rim for the explorer is if you have any connections at a body shop. They use suppliers that aren't available to the public and they get the parts pretty cheap so they along with the insurance companies can make a profit on the repairs. You can also check local junk yards too, plus you can always barter with them. The best is to just go online and get a set of 4 rims and tires all set to go and they are actually real chrome too.

i have a set of 18 eb chromes, that i would trade even for the ploished 17 limited wheel, or something similar,

18" Rims

I've got a set of 18" mountaineer rim's w/factory tpms sensor's that I am going to be selling soon, $400 for complete set, plus shipping. I'd maybe trade for a set of 17"s also. I'm looking for a set of Mustang bullitt rims.
Picture004.jpg

When we bought our 2006 EB with 18" faux-chrome rims, I immediately bought a set of 18" sport trac rims off of eBay for 300$ and then sold my faux-chrome ones on eBay for 500$ and made a nice little profit, and got better looking wheels IMO :)

I was pretty annoyed when I noticed this same thing on my wife's new 2010 Escape Limited.

No Problem 2008 Limited

My rims are almost 3 years old and they look like new. I did scrape one and had to buy a new one. Fortunately I found two new ones in the box online for $ 200 each.

I use car soap and water and touch them up with spray detailer. Several companies sell the polymer based spray. I woulld be careful about using any type of cleaner or polish since they are plastic chrome.

Stock tires have 30k on them and look to have about 20k left. I use nitrogen.
:)

Back