• Register Today It's free!

2000 5.0 Mountaineer hesitation

hyperexplore

Reaction score
City, State
Boca Raton FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 EB Explorer
Car starts perfectly and runs great on light throttle , but if you try to accelerate hard or kick down for power she hesitates like its starving for fuel. Ran a can of BG44K and it has gotten somewhat better but still something is wrong. Ran my scanner and no codes. just bought a fuel pressure tester and will try that next. Is it possible that its the fuel pressure regulator ? I don't think I have clogged injectors because she starts up and idles fine.

Car starts perfectly and runs great on light throttle , but if you try to accelerate hard or kick down for power she hesitates like its starving for fuel. Ran a can of BG44K and it has gotten somewhat better but still something is wrong. Ran my scanner and no codes. just bought a fuel pressure tester and will try that next. Is it possible that its the fuel pressure regulator ? I don't think I have clogged injectors because she starts up and idles fine.

Fuel filter?? Does sound like fuel starvation.

change fuel filter. Still feels like running out of fuel when you really step on the throttle.

Back