2000 Explorer PATS steering column connector and ignition switch | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Explorer PATS steering column connector and ignition switch

Alakso

Reaction score
City, State
Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer 4x4
Just picked up a 2000 Explorer 4x4 auto for the Mrs that needs a steering column and shifter cable. I picked up a new shifter cable and a steering column from the junk yard. The junk yard steering column looks like the right one except that the PATS connector under the steering column that came in the Explorer is a white 4-wires in a row connector while the PATS connector on the junk yard steering column has a green 4-wire square connector. Is this the wrong steering column for this 2000 Explorer?

Also, will the PATS work if I use the ignition/keys that came with the truck if I put it in the junk yard steering column, or do I need to use the ignition/key that came with the junk yard steering column?

Thanks in advance!

Went back to the junk yard and found out the steering column they sold me was out of an '03 so I assume the green PATS connector was for a "C" PATS system. I returned that S/C and got one from another junk yard out of a 2000 Explorer with the white "B" PATS transceiver. Just had to change the clockspring in that one to the one I had in the Mrs Explorer. I also added the PATS transceiver and ignition lock/keys from the S/C that came in her truck to the junk yard S/C and everything is working great :)

Just picked up a 2000 Explorer 4x4 auto for the Mrs that needs a steering column and shifter cable. I picked up a new shifter cable and a steering column from the junk yard. The junk yard steering column looks like the right one except that the PATS connector under the steering column that came in the Explorer is a white 4-wires in a row connector while the PATS connector on the junk yard steering column has a green 4-wire square connector. Is this the wrong steering column for this 2000 Explorer?

Also, will the PATS work if I use the ignition/keys that came with the truck if I put it in the junk yard steering column, or do I need to use the ignition/key that came with the junk yard steering column?

Thanks in advance!

this is the link too it if that helps in any way I’ve just been trying too find a way too put an aftermarket steering wheel the wiring doesn’t matter at all as it’s not needed because of the build of the truck

Went back to the junk yard and found out the steering column they sold me was out of an '03 so I assume the green PATS connector was for a "C" PATS system. I returned that S/C and got one from another junk yard out of a 2000 Explorer with the white "B" PATS transceiver. Just had to change the clockspring in that one to the one I had in the Mrs Explorer. I also added the PATS transceiver and ignition lock/keys from the S/C that came in her truck to the junk yard S/C and everything is working great :)
Yes sir I'm changing the s/c on my 2002 explorer xlt the junkyard has a 2005,supposedly interchangeable,would I have to grab the pcm out of the 05 also fir it to work with pats?

Back