2002 Explorer Cruise Control/Backup Sensor Problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Explorer Cruise Control/Backup Sensor Problems

d.red10

Reaction score
City, State
Mercer PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT
Looking for some help on this. my CC quit working, the green cruise light on the dash comes on but i have no cruise and cannot get it to work by turning it on and off every couple of miles. no ABS light or anything is on just no cruise.

Also have a problem with the back up sensor. it hasnt worked in months but id like to get it fixed if i knew what the problem was. the switch is always lit up OFF. i can turn it on in all gears and it will stay on except for reverse. as soon as i put it in reverse the switch goes back off. and then once in a blue moon it will come on but it just goes crazy with the beebing and there is nothing behind the truck for it to be beebing. Any ideas on either one of these problems?

Looking for some help on this. my CC quit working, the green cruise light on the dash comes on but i have no cruise and cannot get it to work by turning it on and off every couple of miles. no ABS light or anything is on just no cruise.

Also have a problem with the back up sensor. it hasnt worked in months but id like to get it fixed if i knew what the problem was. the switch is always lit up OFF. i can turn it on in all gears and it will stay on except for reverse. as soon as i put it in reverse the switch goes back off. and then once in a blue moon it will come on but it just goes crazy with the beebing and there is nothing behind the truck for it to be beebing. Any ideas on either one of these problems?

Not sure about the cruise.
My 04 had no cruise and ABS light on... it was the sensor on the master cylinder that fixed that. $20

Your back up sensor issue sounds like a bad sensor. There are a couple posts on here where either all 4 were replaced or they were replaced with a new one, one at a time until the bad one was found. The sensors are about $80 if you buy online, but check ebay, I bought 4 new ones shipped for $40 for my dad... but he has yet to replace them.

Back