2002 Explorer Power windows | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Explorer Power windows

kenny57

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer
My 2002 explorer the passenger side window was rolled down and now it wont go up . I know it is the regulator but what I need to know is if there is a way to roll the window up manually for now until I get the money to replace the regulator?

My 2002 explorer the passenger side window was rolled down and now it wont go up . I know it is the regulator but what I need to know is if there is a way to roll the window up manually for now until I get the money to replace the regulator?

Yes you can; if the window is all the way down you will have to take the door panel off and remove the speaker to get to the window and just simply push the window up. My driver side rear window did this but it was not all the way down; I just simply pushed the window up.
What breaks in these window regulators is that plastic piece that connects the window rail to the cable that makes the window go up and down. I replaced mine myself. Took maybe an hour or two max. The hardest part is getting the whole window regulator assembly through the speaker hole!!

Back