2002 Sport Trac Park lights/ Dash Lights not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Sport Trac Park lights/ Dash Lights not working

Post number 2 has been selected as best answered.

DonWild

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ocean Park, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002, Sport Trac 4dr 4wd
I am trying to find the parking light relay, but not finding it yet. Seems to be different from other Sport Tracs I have found on the web. There is 3x fuse/relay boxes I have found. In the dash outboard of the driver, Under the hood Driver side near the brake reservoir, and on the frame under the hood kinda under the air cleaner box. Have not seen any next to the steering column. I have replaced both the dimer switch and headlight switches with new ones.

Anyone have suggestions? After I had the engine replaced is when I noticed the lights out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Parking light fuse at the dr. side instrument panel is fuse 5. Which also has the I/P dimmer, autolamps, and trailer tow. Are those systems working? The fuse would go through a relay for all of those ckts. It is a 15A ckt so it may not have a relay.

Screenshot 2024-02-06 135410.png

Screenshot 2024-02-06 135439.png

Screenshot 2024-02-06 135506.png

Screenshot 2024-02-06 135528.png

Screenshot 2024-02-06 135546.png

Screenshot 2024-02-06 135605.png

Screenshot 2024-02-06 135627.png

Thanks for this information, power at fuse and Fuse not blown but lights still not working. Guess I will be tearing apart the dash to trace it out.

Get a wiring diagram for that ckt. and then trace it out logically. By following the wiring diagram, you can go to the junctions and check there for power. Start halfway in the ckt to save time.

Parking light fuse at the dr. side instrument panel is fuse 5. Which also has the I/P dimmer, autolamps, and trailer tow. Are those systems working? The fuse would go through a relay for all of those ckts. It is a 15A ckt so it may not have a relay.

View attachment 449668

View attachment 449669

View attachment 449670
View attachment 449671
View attachment 449672
View attachment 449673
View attachment 449674 Kv2 Audio EPAK2500R [15/22] Es series basic configurations
I replaced the factory head unit with a aftermarket radio. While making adjustments my battery died, I jumped my battery and now I don't have any dash lights. I found 3 blown fuses that I have replaced, however the only lights that don't work is the dash lights. I replaced the headlight switch and the dash lights are still not working? Can anyone here give me some help?

Multifunction switch
What year if your sport trax? The wiring changes several times between 01 and 05

Multifunction switch
What year if your sport trax? The wiring changes several times between 01 and 05
My Sport Trac is 2002. Part of the problem with wiring diagrams is that many changes happened during that time frame.

According to the 2002 Wiring Diagram Manual, there was a major change as of 2/18/02.
On early models, F1.33 in the Battery Junction Box near the brake reservoir is a 15A fuse that controls the main light switch and parking lamp relay. F1.33 is pretty much right in the middle of the BJB. The 3 spots to the rear of that one are not used.
Before 2/18/02, F2.5 in the fuse panel (CJB) in the end of the dash, is shown as a 15A fuse for the main light switch and parking lamp relay - in the 2 dr Sport, but the diagram shows it as unused in the Sport Trac. (The Sport and Sport Trac are both covered in the factory repair manuals with notes and or diagrams as to the differences.

After 2/18/02, F1.33 is not used. F1.24, 30/25A, in the BJB protects the multifunction switch and the main headlight switch.
F2.5 in the CJB is a 15A fuse for the main light switch, park lamp relay, and autolamp headlamp relay.
The parking lamp relay is in Auxiliary Relay Box 2, which is behind the lower dash between the steering column and the ash tray, or console if you have the full length console. It's hidden, but I've had it out of one of my trucks and you don't have to disassemble the dash to get to it, as I recall (it's been a while). Holding the auxiliary box vertically with the large flasher relay at the bottom, the parking lamp relay is the one on the left just above the flasher relay.

Back