• Register Today It's free!

2004 Explorer Sport Code P0732

dcampb23

Reaction score
City, State
Birmingham, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer Sport
Hey guys, just registered so I could post this but I've been a a long time lurker. So, on the way back from a road trip my check engine light came on. I got the code from AutoZone and it was the P0732 "gear 2 incorrect ratio." This is on a 2004 Explorer Sport 4.0L 2WD. Now, I've read up on the issue and I see that it could be a few things. My problem is that I don't really have any symptoms! After reading tons of threads about slipping, not being able to reverse, high RPMs, sluggish starts, etc., I am wondering what is really going on. My next step is to check the transmission fluid, which will be a first for me. But I wanted to put this post out there in case anyone had some intuition about it or could point me in the right direction for troubleshooting. Thanks.

The computer has warned you it detected slippage within the transmission. I would delete the code, drive some more, and see if the code recurs. It may not, for a long time. Still, it is unlikely to be a "quirk", but these DO happen, as when a shift solenoid sticks and thus fails to bring about the shift, then frees-up, becoming OK again. imp

Back