What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 50 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Put on a non-OEM bumper protector. Got it from CarID.com. Fits perfectly! I think it is better than the Ford product because it has a lip that covers the edge.

GVjV8
https://imgur.com/gallery/GVjV8
I don't suppose you have the CarID link or part number ? I tried their site but gave up .
thanks, Jack

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Clay bar treatment smooth now and paint seems to be popping more. Strongly recommend if you have any rough spots.

8A55D4C8-5167-4714-A5B4-9F6C56789C65.jpg

62674F6A-C591-4C1B-B123-D9A31FF733C5.jpg
Hey, I know you posted this a long time ago, but when you did the clay bar treatment, did you do the whole vehicle? I know it is a dumb question, but I have not done the clay bar thing yet and would like to do it for my 2015 Ex Sport. Thanks!

Hey, I know you posted this a long time ago, but when you did the clay bar treatment, did you do the whole vehicle? I know it is a dumb question, but I have not done the clay bar thing yet and would like to do it for my 2015 Ex Sport. Thanks!

Here's mine getting done and they did the entire car with clay bar first. Entire detail cost me $175. I hope this helps.

IMG_0998.JPG

Cool...thanks...I don't mind putting in some time to do it myself to save $175. But then again..... :eek:/

So, let me ask everyone out there in Explorer land, has anyone installed LED turn signals and been able to stop the hyperflashing without using resistors? If so, how did you do it? Thanks!!

Cool...thanks...I don't mind putting in some time to do it myself to save $175. But then again..... :eek:/

I'm coming to the conclusion that @jonnoriega REALLY likes spending money on his car. ;)

BWAA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

On a serious note, I could bought a Range Rover Sport with the amount of money I've spent arleady :p

Good thing you didn't. Your Ex is way more badass than a Range Rover.

I did mine. Every square inch. Clay, polish, two coats of wax. It's not easy, but it's worth it.

Nice - what type of polish and wax did you use? Paste or liquid and what brand for both? Thanks!

Nice - what type of polish and wax did you use? Paste or liquid and what brand for both? Thanks!

I used Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit, and Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Plus paste wax. I used a polish that I got from the dealer with my exterior protection plan, that I have to use every 6 months to maintain the coverage.

I've tried a liquid wax in the past, I think it was a Meguiar's too, and I wasn't impressed with the results.

Put in Phillips Daylight 8 DRLs; got them from Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142365945778?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

The seller has a "best offer" option. I got mine for $70 but I expect I could have bid a little bit less....oh, well...

One pic shows them in bright daylight and the other in shadow to give you an idea how bright they are. I attached them with 3M tape rather than drill into the plastic. Ran the cables through the front grill area and connected the power to the battery positive and negative connection as the instructions say to do. However, I will probably find something int he fuse box to attach to in the future. It also has an extra wire to connect to the parking light but I do not want to use a vampire clip to cut into the wire so I just folded it up and will find another spot on the fuse box to attach it to. This connection makes the DRL dim when the headlights are activated.

My Ex DRL 3 wo plate.jpg
My Ex DRL wo plate.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you find it too bright?

Back