2005 UK X Meet | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 UK X Meet

I hope you guys don't plan using street tires Come up with date, so I can plan this. Even if I am a Yank I will try to be there. What about some of the public right-a-ways.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

suzunbc said:
I hope you guys don't plan using street tires Come up with date, so I can plan this. Even if I am a Yank I will try to be there. What about some of the public right-a-ways.

I will soon be running 33's with a 4" Superlift. Probably need a 2 or 3" bodylift as well. I think at the moment wildtracks is just an idea, If you look at wild tracks website it does have different tracks to go on for different levels of capability. Yank, British, whatever - who cares....you got an X and you can get there - your in :D :D

BTW - you got any picts of your X as it sounds interesting in your sig?

What About the weeked of July 9?

Hey UK
You will not need body lift with 33s. Put the lift on first then decide. What Type tires are you putting. If I remember there is a company in England that market tires for Land rovers that are suppose to be real good in the mud and still streetable. As for Pic of truck, your not the only one who has asked. Will post one as soon as I can

Doug

Doug,
It would be great to see you at the UK meet. Would you be able to bring your truck over?

Of course I will Played tag team with some landrovers last time I was there. Wife was pissed, My brother-in-law Keeped making coments about the tires until We went to Chatsworth and I pull lady and her stuck car up the small hill that was part of the grass parking lot. Threw mud everywhere when my tires dug in. grounds keeper was not happy. Should not park cars when ground is soft and soaked with water from heavy rains and not expect peaple to get stuck. Found a right a way near sheffield, suprized the crap out of this couple on their horses. turn out I was on a horse trail.

It would be good to see a US explorer, Never seen one without a floor shifter in real life.
I had to pull my girlfriends little car out of a grass parking lot the other day. She drove it in there..... (dont know what she was thinking because you could see it was muddy). .......women......

I'ts pretty hard to find places to go off roading here, ive been down public rights of way before, however people dont really like it as im sure you found out.

Are you in Gemany full time? Do you miss home?

suzunbc said:
Hey UK
You will not need body lift with 33s. Put the lift on first then decide. What Type tires are you putting. If I remember there is a company in England that market tires for Land rovers that are suppose to be real good in the mud and still streetable. As for Pic of truck, your not the only one who has asked. Will post one as soon as I can

Doug

I have been told by some on here I deffo need a lift with 33s, other like yourself say I dont :confused: I am going to do what you say and fit lift, get wheels and tires (dont know what ones yet) and if im ok then I will leave it with just the 4" Superlift.

Not really, been in Germany since 97. My wife on the other hand would love to go back to England

SmokeGrinder said:
What About the weeked of July 9?

sounds good to me, how about everyone else?

I still think we should go camping

all gone a bit quiet, can we have a roll call of who is definitley intererested and where you want to go, is Wild Tracks good place for all?...

count me in july 9th
ill be there.

Well thats 3 at least - I will try to call Wild Tracks this week an see what is on offer :)

Count me in too

sorry guys - just didn't have time this week. Did send them an email but got no response and have not had time to chase it up :rolleyes:

Next week - promise :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok Guys - got the info :D

To drive your own 4x4 around the offroad couse cost £25 which gives you access between 10-4pm. We can get a group discount if I let them know before hand - I have provisionally booked us for the 9th July and said we will have between 5-10 cars wanting to go on the offroad course, price is then £20 per car :thumbsup:

Price incudes offroad course, recovery, and a vehicle power wash!

If you want to just come and have a look it costs nothing to come and watch - but that would be very sad ;)

They also can offer offroad driving tuition, one to one @ £155 per person - one addtional driver @ £40

or

offroad driving tuition for groups min of 3 sharing @ £50 per person

There is a Restaurant and Children's Adventure Playground onsite as well!

Sounds all good to me :D

Back