2011 Ford Explorer! | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 Ford Explorer!

Maybe that's a case that the front flaps were indeed changed/modified? Just thinking out loud...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dunno...don't care...they fit fine for me. :D

I've heard from others that the back ones fit fine but the front ones leave a gap when they are screwed down. It's partially fixable if you place a third screw lower down to pull the flap back to the wheel well.

The front flaps that I have use a total of 5 fasteners to hold them in place. 3 along the face of the flap (Facing the wheel) and 2 on the bottom edge (Facing the road). The date on my instructions appears to be 12-8-2010, so maybe this is an updated version.

Post pics when their installed! Or has anyone seen any existing pics with the flaps?

I might try to get them on tomorrow night. IF the hardware shows up tomorrow....

Installed the mud flaps this afternoon. Fairly easy install and the fit is pretty good. Front actually fit better than the rear. Biggest gap is at the back and is about 1/16" at worst. I think that once they warm up, it will close down that gap.

P2090001.JPG

P2090002.JPG

P2090003.JPG

P2090004.JPG

P2090005.JPG

P2090006.JPG

P2090007.JPG

P2090008.JPG

P2090009.JPG

Looks great!

Something you could try is a hair blowdryer on the flaps to see if you can soften the plastic and form them a little tighter? Otherwise, they seem to fit and as long as they do their job, that's good enough;)

I was going to get my heat gun out and give it a try, but I'm feeling too lazy to do that today :)

Where did you order yours? I go to Ford Accessories website and they are $59 each...

Zippity doo da. What a price difference. Sounds like it is the same product.

I will have take a look when the truck comes in.
T

Zippity doo da. What a price difference. Sounds like it is the same product.

I will have take a look when the truck comes in.
T

Oh, I'm sure the splash guards are the same. Bascially, the price difference is about an additional $95 ($185-90 [parts]= $95 [labor]). The guards ship with the truck in a box. The dealer puts them on when on site at the dealership. So, they get paid 95 bucks for about 20-30 minutes of actual work. Typical shop rate overcharge.

Our old '01 Volvo S60 had one touch down and UP for the front seats. I really miss the one touch up...That was a awesome feature!!!

I just joined the forum and am going through the postings for the first time. Your '01 Volvo S60 isn't old; I don't even consider our '95 Volvo 850 Turbo to be old; it only has about 72,000 miles on it. :cool:

Moving to Arizona and living on unpaved roads made us realize the 850T was not the optimal vehicle for the only vehicle in the family. Bought the 2001 Explorer, one year old, a week after moving here. One of the best things we did!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gotta say it. Joe Dirt and JDraper ROCK!!

Back