2nd Gen Rock Sliders | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2nd Gen Rock Sliders

Dang, you did a very good job in making rock sliders! Will you make me some and I'll pay you? ;) haha, I'm planning on making rock sliders soon but have no idea where to start yet.

Follow the thread and it goes through what I did with mine. Also i got the idea of my bolt on ones from this thread and all those who have done these as well.
Slider thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the sliders look amazing, the only thing that concerns me is how close they are to the body. Maybe its just because i have a body lift, but my frame flexes a lot.

But i'll say it again, those sliders are beautiful! It'll be a shame to scratch them up, but it would be a sin not to!

Thanks! :) I really like the way they look. They are 1/2" away from the body so yes close but not sitting right on the body. I know the frame flexs a lot but with it all being big 2X4 steel if it bumps the body a little that's fine it will only touch big flat areas. I did it partly for looks, I didn't want to be able to see between the body and the slider when you are standing right to the side of it. Will let you know, maybe even take some flexed pis, when we head out to use them.

Went and ran Rattlesnake and constrictor this last weekend and where way fun trails. It is getting over lots of boulders and around them and trees. The sliders worked great!!!! At one point I had most the weight on the sliders you could rock the rig front to back with just 1 hand. Slid them very hard several times and came out great never even under full flex touched the body and the powdercoat even stayed on, just scratched it! Would have been lots of body damage if trying to do these trails in near stock form with no sliders! I did smash my radiator slightly so a new front skid plate is in order.

Back