35s with 7" lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

35s with 7" lift

I know on the max tire thing on the top of this forum tells you all the max tire sizes but for a 7" lift (4 suspension 3 body) for a 2000 XLT...it says you can run 33s to 35s (may require trimming). Well...if I run 35s on a 15x8 rim with about 3 3/4th backspacing....will I rub? Now keep in mind..i'm not a hardcore offroader...so all I really need it to do is turn just like it use to. Thanks Everyone!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Take a look at Jefe's ride before the SAS. He ran 35's, so you'll see about how much trimming you'll need.

You can run 33's no problem with a BL and a TT/shaq. 35's will fit with alot of trimming, However 35's are really hard on a 2nd gens front end. Parts will ware much faster! This why I plan to only go to 33's If I do go to 35's I'll do a SAS.

Klownz ran 35s with a 3" body, 4" superlift, and TT/Shackles. He rubbed mostly because he was on 10" wheels. I think if you went with 8"s you wouldnt need to trim much at all. But it really depends on the brand tire and the actual tire diameter.

hey STICO what do u mean parts will wear
im about to run 35 12.50 with 3 inch bl tt/and 3 inch shackles

the more extreme angles of all the rotating/pivital assemblies will be under more stress and thus wear out faster....

but jim doesn't the superlift 4 inch compensate for that? I agree if he has TT it will mess with stuff but the actual size of the tire would be the only thing causing it to wear faster if he had 35's and no TT

I have 35" BFG ATs. The front lift is a 4" Superlift and another 1" to1.5" with the TT. I had to trim the fenders, and when I get some time, I'll be trimming more.

There is one point when the wheels are turned that they rub. I have learned to either over or understeer, depending on the situation, to avoid that nasty sound!

It mostly happens when you are turning and there is a little bit of a hill to compress the suspension.

I wish someone made cutout flares for the Explorers!! I had an idea of trying to find a full-size truck flare that loosely followed the contours of the Ex fenders. Then cut the fender to fit the flare.

Perry's should make cut-outs for the Exs!

Back