Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 34 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hey 1bad04,

What size tire are you running on those 20's?
They look great!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

275-45

'04 Explorer XLT Sport 4x4 V8
Lowered w/ GF springs on 20" Boss 335's, Eibach front & rear sway bars, Powerslot Cryo's with Hawk pads, FX-R projector retrofit/5000K HIDs/LED tails, stainless grills & step bars, K&N intake/JBA headers and catback/Magnaflow hi-flow cats/ASP UD Pulleys/GMS Hot Street coil packs/E-fan/X3 Tuned by Henson

Hey 1bad04,
Great looking ride...Where did you get the parts for the Retrofit(FX as in Infiniti?) How much, how difficult....?

^^^^ +2 on the retrofit. Amazing.

Details please?

Nevermind.....I googled it :eek:

Maybe after my exhaust....

Not fully understanding what you mean. The plate mounts came with my bull bar.

Since you already have, and are using your plate mounts, then my question is null & void. Carry on. :salute:

I got the projectors and shrouds from Retrofit Source. The bulbs are from DDM Tuning. Black headlight housings from Ebay.

It was not cheap but well worth it I think. Probably the hardest part for me was getting the projector aligned correctly. You have to make sure the cutoff is level and the step-up in the cutoff is centered with the projector/headlight housing. For whatever reason, our headlights don't have left to right adjustment, only up and down.

yeah the body lift has mine my bull bar sitting pretty low compared to yours. I couldnt stand the license plate on the bar though.

good looking mirrors btw!!

where did you order your bull bar from

i like the bull bar. the price seems pretty good to. i have tho's same lights on my truck. very narrow beam but thy are nice lights

How did you wire them to the battery or somewhere else maybe?

Any idea's for it yet ? ^^^^^

^^^ditto^^^

and nice tire choice. How are you liking them?

are these still for sale?? the lift spacers

Any idea's for it yet ? ^^^^^

Well, I need to do some maintenance on the Ex before I do any mods. I am going to be adding a cat back exhaust and cold air intake after I do some front end chassis stuff. I have owned it since 04 and 10k. Now I have 160k and still like the truck.

Thanks!

^^^ditto^^^

and nice tire choice. How are you liking them?

I really like the geolander AT-S on the Ex. I went 255 70 16 because I wanted to fill up the wheel wells a little while putting a more aggressive than stock tire on it. They stick to the pavement. I can't wait to get some snow on the ground and try em out. As for going on a trail with them I havent yet but ill update when I do.

glad to hear :thumbsup:

I can personally say that they do good in mud, never really taken them out on a trail, but in loose dirt, I have never tried them out really, but I am able to spin them when I want to.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just back from the shop - General Grabber AT2's. Went up to 255/70/16. Fills up the well a bit and raised it all up 1". Bring the snow!!!!!
100_3640.jpg

100_3639.jpg

These things have some deep lugs!
100_3641.jpg

Back