5.0 Coyote Adrenalin engine swap | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0 Coyote Adrenalin engine swap

Only one word EXCELLENT...it will stop raining soon....
Ed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks for the video! Amazing results.

So what are your thoughts on using the coyote in front of the 6R80? From a little research it looks like newer f150's use the 5.0 and the 6R80 so it may be an easier swap keeping the trans the same?

Do you know of any other manual trans options that could keep the transfer case (BW4412)?

thanks for the video! Amazing results.

So what are your thoughts on using the coyote in front of the 6R80? From a little research it looks like newer f150's use the 5.0 and the 6R80 so it may be an easier swap keeping the trans the same?

Do you know of any other manual trans options that could keep the transfer case (BW4412)?

There are no aftermarket electronic controls to control the 6r80 with that engine. You either have to do a manual trans behind the Coyote, or use a specific trans that has aftermarket controls (i.e. 4r70w), or you have to pull a complete auto trans/engine/computer from a Mustang or F150 and integrate it into the ST. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure its possible.

What about a Tremec T-56? I don't know much about them other than they come in all different kinds of configurations and are flexible.

What about a Tremec T-56? I don't know much about them other than they come in all different kinds of configurations and are flexible.

Any trans that is designed to bolt to a modular 4.6 or 5.4 engine will have the correct bolt pattern.

How big of an issue would it be to bolt up the manual 6sp to the current 4.6L motor?

The manual will bolt up just fine. It's the clutch system and pedals that is complex. But it will bolt to the 4.6 no problem.

The manual will bolt up just fine. It's the clutch system and pedals that is complex. But it will bolt to the 4.6 no problem.

This is what I was going to ask. Be a bit cheaper then throwing in the manual AND the 5.0?

i would have a very VERY hard time not standing on it, just to hear that sound! nice job. so with the gearing thats in it, what types of rpms are you turning at highway speeds?

i would have a very VERY hard time not standing on it, just to hear that sound! nice job. so with the gearing thats in it, what types of rpms are you turning at highway speeds?

at 70, it's around 2300 rpm. The tall 30" tires on these trucks is why it requires the steeper gear. With the stock 3.55's it was a complete dog in top gear. The 4.30's are equivelent to about a 3.73 in a Mustang.

You have the clutch assembly and the shifter figured out, just need to figure out the electronics unless the ones you used with the 5.0 would work.

So ball park, what would your tranny kit cost to put with the 4.6?

I would feel very comfortable letting you do the work.

With all the parts and labor including a brand new 6spd manual from Ford, new flywheel and SPEC stage 2 clutch, custom shifter setup, everything, about $8900.

Hmmm....

great swap. wonder if the 5.0 emblems would look better if they were plastidipped matte black..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@styllin99 .......What's kind of mpg's are you getting?

Back