5.0 Fuel pressure test gauge? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0 Fuel pressure test gauge?

Did it ever run well with the new cam?
If not, I'd be looking in that direction. Maybe they screwed with something, maybe it's too much cam for the stock tune?
Yeah I don't know. I think it should still run better than it does even with the cam in there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes typically the pcm can detect a bad injector rather quickly and the code comes back fast

The injectors are getting older now (20+ years) I have been replacing them more and more

You can remove your injectors and bench test them quite easily, lots of YouTube’s on this

Start w basics always
Fuel pressure
Firing order
Plug and wire condition

Yes typically the pcm can detect a bad injector rather quickly and the code comes back fast

The injectors are getting older now (20+ years) I have been replacing them more and more

You can remove your injectors and bench test them quite easily, lots of YouTube’s on this

Start w basics always
Fuel pressure
Firing order
Plug and wire condition
I tested fuel pressure and firing order and changed the plugs and the wires are fairly new Motorcraft wires and are in good condition. I don't want to do injectors but it's looking like that's the problem. Are these decent injectors?

Start w basics always
Fuel pressure
Firing order
Plug and wire condition
Is there anyway to test the injectors other than pulling them and looking at them?

Is there anyway to test the injectors other than pulling them and looking at them?
Hard to do a spray test and visually inspect the spray pattern if it is still in the intake manifold. Testing the solenoids can be done with it still installed.

Hard to do a spray test and visually inspect the spray pattern if it is still in the intake manifold. Testing the solenoids can be done with it still installed.
im thinking im just going to buy injectors and install them and see what happens. Which ones are better Bosh or Motercraft?

The factory injectors are Bosch
Take a picture of the side of the injector and search the part numbers you'll find Bosch injectors

The factory injectors are Bosch
Take a picture of the side of the injector and search the part numbers you'll find Bosch injectors

These should work?

These should work?
Maybe.
I'd install the exact ones that are in there
Or your truck will run like crap or not at all

You Have to remove your original injectors to install new ones why not just clean them and be done with it
Test them electrically should be about 14 Ω of resistance give or take
don't mess around with Injector specifications

Don't use the parts cannon never works

Maybe.
I'd install the exact ones that are in there
Or your truck will run like crap or not at all

You Have to remove your original injectors to install new ones why not just clean them and be done with it
Test them electrically should be about 14 Ω of resistance give or take
don't mess around with Injector specifications

Don't use the parts cannon never works
ok. i have a cam in it as well though. The thing is if i remove them to clean them

Get new seals. Old ones will be hard as rocks

New set should come w o rings if not felpro o rings available anywhere
Use Vaseline on o rings when you install

I had a “new” injector from eBay bad right out of the box = not fun

Thanks for all the help. I will hopefully install them Friday and Saturday next weekend. Also would not having the rear obd2 readers hooked up cause problems? Neither are hitched up as well as no egr do to headers.

also how do you test the maf sensor? Im counting on injectors to fix it but if it doesnt i need to already have things to try.

also if it was a vacuum leak leting in to much air wouldn't it run bad at all throttle positions?

No. Engines pull more vacuum with the throttle plate closed. Idle and throttle closed decel pull the most vacuum. A vacuum leak will often have worse trims at idle as a result.

When you’re at WOT, manifold air pressure isn’t very different from ambient…which is one of the reasons carburetors had accelerator pumps

No. Engines pull more vacuum with the throttle plate closed. Idle and throttle closed decel pull the most vacuum. A vacuum leak will often have worse trims at idle as a result.

When you’re at WOT, manifold air pressure isn’t very different from ambient…which is one of the reasons carburetors had accelerator pumps
So it idles fine as far I can tell. Its cammed so its harder to tell if its misfiring?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You need egr and you need downstream oxygen sensors or it will never run correctly. The pcm is looking for feedback from all of the sensors you cannot just remove some and expect it to run properly. Even a small egr issue and code can cause drivability issues

Back