91 - 94 Mazda Navajo poor headlight help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

91 - 94 Mazda Navajo poor headlight help

Unlike the X's the Navajo came stock with headlight bulb 9007 as you may have read the X owners can do a swap from the 9004 to the 9007 for a 30 percent increase in light output on the Navajo the only way to gain brighter more powerful lights it to upgrade to a hid system but I have found a way to gain a 10 percent increase in light output by simply changing parts I hit a 2010 infinity totaling the car yet only damaging my right headlight and grille well in my area it seems I have the only Navajo for 3 states so I simply switched my grille and headlights to the ford x grille and headlamps I had to adjust the headlamps down a lil more as the fords are designed to work with 9004 bulbs and the 9007s illuminate differently once I had everything together adjusted and working correctly I drove and found my stock 9007 bulbs seemed brighter other drivers were even signaling Me thinking my high beams were on. I havent figured out how to post Pics as of yet but you can view the Pics on my Myspace account it is Raisinhellbilly on Myspace or my facebook account under Chris Messina

i did the same swap on my navajo , it seems to help out alot

Try some Philips X-Treme Power bulbs. I put a set in my Paseo, and the difference was like night and day when compared to the Silvania Silverstars that I took out.

I have a set awaiting installation in my Explorer, along with brand new OEM headlights.

Back