• Register Today It's free!

94 Explorer park lights stay on

saskman

Reaction score
City, State
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4x4
Well, I came home from work yesterday and when I got out of the truck the chimes were doing their thing and when I checked the park lights were on. front rear and plate lights. So it was like the light switch was set to park lights but it was off. I tried turning them on and of a few times and it did not help as this happened a couple times over the winter and it stopped after pulling the switch. Eventually I had to disconnect the battery. I hooked it up an hour or so later and the lights are still on. This thing does not have auto lights but going through the Haynes manual it appears the lights go through the DRL module. The only thing that happened yesterday is I went through a decent sized water puddle.
Any ideas? I want to think it is the headlight switch but it just does not seem like that is what is causing this.:(

Interestingly enough, last night I went home and hooked up the battery and light all worked normally. So I think you are right, I would bet I got some water in the plug when I hit the water puddle the day before. I was wondering where that little module was so maybe this weekend I will have a good look and see what I can do.

Back