• Register Today It's free!

94 XL Gas Tank Relocation

BogFather

Reaction score
City, State
Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Sport, 91 Samurai
Ok so after the last run i took the old 94 out on my gas tank dropped. At this point i found out that there was only i gas tank strap holding it up and that everything under there for said straps was pretty well writen off with rust. Anyways when the tank dropped i found out also that the sending unit was WAYYYYYY rusted out and had snapped the tubes on the sending unit. So after searching my brain i have decided to relocate the tank back in the spare tire carrier spot since i dun use it and the carrier is ALSO rusted to crap. Now i have done some searching on here and see that the F150 rear tank will fit in the VOID but i would loose the shock mounts on the inside. I don't wanna have to relocate the shock mounts so i was just wondering if anyone has done this mod and takin any pics or has any kinda suggestions?? I need to get this done ASAP as the winter is coming :eek: and i need 4WD...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BroncoII tank...

It's been done. Do a search

What are you going to do for a spare?

Ryan

i was just wondering this myself, i think i read somewhere that a fuel tank out of a bronco will fit in that spot where the spare tire goes but im not sure, i was actually just thinking about just putting one of those fuel cells in the back, but then i would loose storage space,......

Spare tire no problem:
Picture008-1.jpg

i mounted a rear tire rack off of a 92 jeep cherokee on mine, it works but it defantly took some work but i like it,

Well if Stic-O would get off his arse and get his F150 build started i'd have all the info for mine LMAO. J/K Stic-O if you see this :D :D :D I know you've been busy.......

i mounted a rear tire rack off of a 92 jeep cherokee on mine, it works but it defantly took some work but i like it,

I've got a bunch of pics of the build of my spare tire rack in my profile album

i think when i get a chance i'm gunna go to the local pullapart junkyard and get one of those bronco II fuel tanks and try to install it on my next days off

Yeah might have to do the same myself. Was also thinking a " Bad Word --->> S10 " tank may work as it is 19gal. But we will see, Stay tuned for the build ;) ;)

I have been thinking of adding a second tank to mine, I heard the BII tanks work but there is some frame mod, and allot of work. But I haven't done one.

Well just got back from getting a S10 Gas Tank, And from the looks of it....IT SHOULD WORK. With mild MODIFICATION that is.....HeHeHe. Should be an interesting build for sure. Will make sure i get pics as the process begins.....HOPEFULLY this weekend coming it starts......

are you gunna use the x fuel pump or the s10's?

Probably the X but we will see ;) ;)

well i got a tank today, off of a 91 econoline clubwagon due to the fact that all the BII 's had theres cut open, they suposably cut all the tanks open to drain the gas, but i came across that econoline, uncut, full tank of gas, its relitively the same as the bronco's gas tank, size shape it will fit nicely

A bronco 2 fuel tank will fit in place of the spare carrier. I finished the install on my '94 this fall. I got a tank,sender,straps the skid plate , and thefiller neck for $60.00. I removed the spare carrier and the plate it was bolted to.Did not have to relocate the shocks , and it does not hit the floor. I did have to make mounts for the straps at the front, and mounts for the rear skid plate mount. I am running this as a dual tank set up. The bronco 2 filler neck vents different than the explorer in that the Explorer has an external vent , and the bronco 2 is internal. I have some pictures on photobucket , and should be linked to my signature.

well after reading this thread I decided to start collecting parts and install a second tank :) I've been thinking of it for awhile its time to Um... defficate ofr get off the pot :) I'll let you know how it goes. Looking at a march completion date.

Well i planned on getting at the tank this weekend but mother nature said NO F%*&in WAY and DUMPED over a foot of snow on us LMAO. But hopefully have it done before the end of winter as the poor 94 is sittin collectin snow and i wanna get some good snow runs in with her :D :D :D

id like to see a "how too" on this an how the fuel lines are connected an switchable from 1 tank to the other.

Well if the dang snow would give it a rest then i might be able to get started on this little project, and get some pics and do a write-up. But Snow, Low Temp, & NO Garage to work in right now have slowed it all to a hault... :( :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

id like to see a "how too" on this an how the fuel lines are connected an switchable from 1 tank to the other.

what do you mean?, fuel lines are fuel lines fords are all the same genaric fuel lines,........

Back