95+ EX winch mount??? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

95+ EX winch mount???

Jason AWSOME work there, I love that way it hidden behind the bumper! :thumbsup:

Jeff - :navajo:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ray Lobato said:
Ramsey does make a winch/grill guard for 95+ Explorers. I have one on my truck and it wasn't that much. I think it was around $450.00. It weighs in at about 100 pounds, and is much beefier than the regular grill guards that Waag builds for themselves. Yes Waag does build these excluvisely for ramsey. Gerald has a regular Waag grill guard on his truck, and you definately see the differance between his and mine. BIG DEFFERANCE!

How would this thing work with a 2" body lift? Ive always been thinking of just fabbing up my own bracket that would run from the frame, follow the countours of my brush guard, and mount it where ever i decide. Id be worried about buying a $450 sturdy mount and having to do this to it:
12637bracket.jpg

I just dropped my Expo off at an offroad fabrication shop here in Michigan. I asked for a winch mount bumper....we'll see what happens. I should have it back in a week or two and I'll definately have pics up then. It should look like a combination of a brushguard and the bumper offered at CRLCustoms.com. We'll see what comes from this.

Arnie

The price has not been set yet. I've given him 350 so far.

So I took a picture of JasonB's frame rail winch plate, a picture of the CRLCustoms bumper, and my existing brushguard to the offroad fab shop...this is what they came up with. Hasn't been paid for yet so I don't know the price but it will serve my needs. It doesn't come out at all from the front of the vehicle, it has the approach angles I was looking for, and a brushguard type look. Not blasted or painted yet...

17517new1.jpg

I know, I know....I'll ditch those as soon as I get the Explorer back. I'm thinking about the clear projector style headlights and a HID converstion kit....sometime in the not near future.

I'll ask for ya sk1er.

Back