97 Ford Explorer Immobiliser problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 Ford Explorer Immobiliser problems

Sharron

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer 97
Hi All, in desperate need of help, our beautiful explorer is unable to work as the immobiliser is stuck on as the fob broke and cannot be replaced. Has anyone been able to disarm the Bosch Immobilser from there car or remove it completely as I can see that this is a problem many others have had. There is no PATS on the car, this was added by the European distributors for export. Fords cannot do anything and I cannot even find a diagram of the wiring to show an electrical engineer. I was wondering if there is a way of fixing the fob.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received, we just want to use the car.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What is a Immobiliser?

If its anything like the one I pulled out of my 97' Sport, it's real easy to defeat.
39851721_1111814372308075_6525219598063632384_o.jpg

Hi, I don't think that's the same as ours, ours is a Bosch which was fitted to the care by the distributors of the European market, we get the car back tonight from the ford dealer who can't help, will take a photo and get the serial number

All I did was disconnect the battery, and then pull out what is not factory installed, easy.

Back