98 Mountaineer Front License Plate Mount Fasteners | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98 Mountaineer Front License Plate Mount Fasteners

gator_86_951

Reaction score
City, State
arlington, va
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Moutaineer
Sort of a random question. My car was originally in florida so we didn't have front plates and the original bracket was knocked off at some point. I bought a replacement frame from the dealer, but it didn't come with any fasteners. Any idea what is supposed to be used? The holes are very shallow, and I am thinking it might be some kind of push-pin type fastener.

Any help would be appreciated. If I can't figure it out, I will just epoxy it or something.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I replaced the bracket and all from LMC Truck for less than dealer cost. I don't know if they sell the fasteners alone, tho.

Not sure if its the same style as my 2000 Ex, but I used expanding drywall fasteners on mine. Worked amazingly well.

Epoxy isn't the best application for this I think. I would just go to a hardware store and find a short fastener to use. Here's a few shots of mine since I'm bored. It uses something slightly stronger than a plastic xmas tree fastener. The white splotches are road salt spray.

Picture 1
5346756854_3b75bb4675_z.jpg

Picture 2
5346757312_90abc8229a_z.jpg

Picture 3
5346757820_faa180c2df_z.jpg

Epoxy isn't the best application for this I think. I would just go to a hardware store and find a short fastener to use. Here's a few shots of mine since I'm bored. It uses something slightly stronger than a plastic xmas tree fastener. The white splotches are road salt spray.

Picture 1
5346756854_3b75bb4675_z.jpg

Picture 2
5346757312_90abc8229a_z.jpg

Picture 3
5346757820_faa180c2df_z.jpg
Sorry to barge in, but I just replaced my front bumper, and need one of those clips, what the heck are they called?

Back