99 Ford Explorer cutoff switch location??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99 Ford Explorer cutoff switch location???

quedoggiedog

Reaction score
City, State
O-Town, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer
Hello, I am new to the forum. I have a 1999 Ford Explorer and is experiencing stalling /hesitation when making a turn in traffic. I think it might be my Fuel Pump cutoff switch. Does anyone knows where the location of it, help and thanks a heap.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I have already replaced the MAF, Mass Airflow sensor, but what is an IAC valve? Where is it (IAC valve) located as well. I'll clean it if I know what it looks like and location, thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I have already replaced the MAF, Mass Airflow sensor, but what is an IAC valve? Where is it (IAC valve) located as well. I'll clean it if I know what it looks like and location, thanks.

welcome

The inertia switch is located in the passenger feet area up near the firewall. You will have to pull the carpet to get to it. Make sure the wire on the bottom is firmly attached.

Back