A near whoops | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A near whoops

A few weeks ago I was driving back home from college on the interstate....It began raining really hard and I could only see about 5 feet in front of me with the exception of faint tail lights ahead. Well I am driving along in the left lane about 50 in a 75 because of the rain.....there are cars all around me. when suddenly I begin to spin. I spin across the right lane about 450 degrees or so and slide sideways on the shoulder for about 50 yards. the shoulder itself was a hill. While sliding the left side of my bumper is on the ground. The plastic chrome coated attachment on the rear drivers side quarterpanel is bent under my truck. I am able to stop finally and miraculously I did not flip. The friggin bumper was on the ground on the drivers side. Had my tires gripped at all I would have flipped. I also had a good bit of weight in my car because I was carrying some of my college stuff home before I changed apartments. Well three of the four tires were jarred loose from the wheels. None of the people who were around and saw me spinning out of control bothered to stop. however three other considerate drivers did stop. I was towed out by a tow truck and able to drive it home although I had to stop at every exit to refill my tires with air. while sitting in the troopers car another car spun out of control in the same spot that I did. Except she landed in the median. The whole experience was pretty crazy and in the process of spinning I definately thought I was a goner. I saw my short life pass before my eyes. By the time The truck stopped moving I had prepared myself to flip. My X suffered slight physical damage but it is mentally shaken a bit . Anyways thanks for reading and hope I didnt bore you.

thanks

Good lord, post some pics when you get them, glad your ok..

I will take some pics some time but the damage is minimal. The piece on the rear quarterpanel was easily bent back into place. The top of my bumper is folded but only underneath the plastic piece so unless you lift that piece you cant even tell. There is a dent above the rear wheel well but it isnt so bad. The rear bumper is slightly slanted up on the drivers side. Other than that it looks like it did before. I plan on taking some pics of my speed grill soon though so I will take pics of that then as well.

Back