AC problem

jskingry

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 XLT
Hello all,
I have a new problem with the explorer this morning and need some direction on fixing it. The vehicle is a 1995 XLT with the V6 engine. The AC system will only blow out the defrost vents now, the temp control seems fine it is just changing to the dash vents or floor that do not work. If anyone can let me know what they think this might be it would be great, I am in Tampa and it is still hot during the day so some AC would be nice.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Check the vacuum ball towards the lower front passenger side of the engine compartment. You'll probably find that a vacuum line has fallen loose from it. When the ball loses vacuum, it "defaults" to the defrost vents.

Thanks Jason,
I changed the spark plugs on Sunday and was prying my hands around the engine compartment so I am pretty sure the vacumm line is the problem. I am at work now but will check it this afternoon.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Alright, the problem is fixed now. It was the vacumm hose, a little hard to find the canister but I fumbled around and got it and the AC is working perfect now. When I first noticed the problem all I could think about was the blend door problem and dismantling the dash, I was not happy. Fortunately it is solved now, thanks again.

Jeremy

Back