AC Works Better Than Ever

MAS Tequila

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Boca Raton FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU
My AC had been weak as far as the stream coming out of the vents.

It also would 'cut out' whenever I would accelerate, go up a hill, or just generally have the engine under a load.

I fixed it last night.

I didn't get any pictures, but I'm posting a link to someone else's how to video.

There are 4 plungers inside the EATC module that have 1 o-ring on each of them.

These need to be replaced as time goes on.

I went to my local Grainger store and bought a bag of Viton size 007 O-rings.

Now you only need 4, but I had to buy a bag of 100.

Fortunately it was less than $5.00 out the door.

In the video the poster used JB Weld to hold things together after the repair.

I used the correct size bit for a #6 sheet metal screw when I drilled the spot welds, if yours is one that has the 10 screws just skip this information.

It took me about 1 1/2 hours start to finish, and this included 20 minutes removing some wiring left by the previous owner from the stereo set-up that was installed once upon a time.

My AC now feels stronger than it ever has, almost like a new vehicle.

I don't think it has ever had enough vacuum to properly hold the doors in the correct positions since I've had it.

I looked for over a year to try to find out why sometimes it would be stronger than other times, even replacing the blower motor and controller.

I hope this helps someone else.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...iew&id=5&vid=6435e623f1fdb8e83db5c9c4a32ee21f

Well crap, yet another thing I'll probably have to do eventually... though I don't have the fancy smantzy EATC but probably similar enough o-ring setup for the manual controls.

Thanks for the info!

Well crap, yet another thing I'll probably have to do eventually... though I don't have the fancy smantzy EATC but probably similar enough o-ring setup for the manual controls.

Thanks for the info!

I've never had a problem with the manual controls. The EATC unit is very complex and a totally different animal.

Well, now, this might explain the stabbed pig noise coming from my dash when I let off the throttle after heavy acceleration.

Back