• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket antenna masts?

illjim69

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Explorer XLT, 07 350Z
I have searched around both here and using Google and just can't seem to find anything. I am looking for a shorty antenna for an 04 Explorer. I tried using the stock antenna off of my 350Z, but the threaded part isn't long enough to reach down. :(

I tried looking at other rides on here, but it doesn't seem to be a popular mod. Anyway, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bought an aftermarket antenna for my toyota years back after coming home from wheeling without one. Never put it on, because the mast was broken inside, but I remember the aftermarket one I got came with 5 or 6 different sized threaded extensions.

yeeeeeah, i didnt understand why so many took off their power masts until two days ago when i went to the carwash.....
and left the cd on ;o( now i have a really nice power antenna that sticks out of the fender six inches when it goes down grrr!!

www.antennax.com

I have searched around both here and using Google and just can't seem to find anything. I am looking for a shorty antenna for an 04 Explorer. I tried using the stock antenna off of my 350Z, but the threaded part isn't long enough to reach down. :(

I tried looking at other rides on here, but it doesn't seem to be a popular mod. Anyway, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
After the carwash broke my stock metal mast, I bought this thing here:
http://www.antennax.com/p-4722-eurostyle-13-flexible-rubber-antenna.aspx

I paid $9.99 plus shipping ($4.99) and I am very happy with the purchase. It looks great, it's flexible, easy to screw on/off and I haven't notice a drop in radio reception.

Glad to help. :salute:

I just had my antenna broken by the car wash today. Well it didn't really break as much as it just bent. I'll know more about what needs to be replaced once I get the wheel off and take the whole assembly out. I tried bending it back into place but it seems like the base inside the fender is damaged. Oh, AND I had a flat tire when I woke up this morning.... just not my day haha..... at least the wash looks good

2011-12-08_09-41-18_485.jpg

2011-12-08_09-41-39_796.jpg

2011-12-08_09-41-47_550.jpg

I have the same problem with the plastic antenna base on my 02 EB...it has pulled away slightly from the fender like the one above...how I fix this?

Back