• Register Today It's free!

Airbag Light Stays On

sounderella

Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 XLT Ironman V8
I have an '07 XLT V8 with the Ironman package with about 55K miles.

Here lately I've been noticing that the airbag light comes on and stays on. There is no flashing. Once the instrument panel goes through the start up, all the lights turn off except for the airbag.

The kicker here is that I can turn the truck off, then turn it back on and it goes off. This isn't an all the time issue, it is pretty much random with the exception that it did come on last night and then again this morning. I thought that maybe the compressor was cold since it usually only happens in the morning...but last night when it came on it was after I got home from driving 30 minutes then had to leave again that threw that idea out.

Any ideas what could be going on?? I still consider it too new to use my husband's solution (piece of black electrical tape over the light :p: )

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine did this, only one time, after I got a new key programmed. Hasnt happened since, but maybe it has something to do with your key. Try to use different keys and see if it still happens.

Battery, when they get low it will set the airbag due to low voltage on startup.

That makes sense because they had to hook a programmer up to my car to set up the new key. So when I started it for the first time, it must have had a low battery, then after charging, it was good to go.

Funny. Mine just did the same thing. The battery issue would explain it since I parked my X for a month and have only been starting it every other week or so.

Battery, when they get low it will set the airbag due to low voltage on startup.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:That'll be a big help to a lot of folks! :salute:

Back