Airbag light | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Airbag light

JRT17

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer 4.6
I just bought a 2006 Explorer 4.6 Eddie Bauer, and the airbag light is on. I've read on some posts to count the codes, but I don't see any codes for mine. I turn on the ignition and the light stays on for a few seconds, which is normal, then it turns off for a second then comes back on and stays on. What code is that? 1.1? Any help, will help, thanks

The easiest way to find the code is to use an obd2 scanner that will read airbag codes.

Yes, I agree that is the best way... But I don't have access to a scanner that reads the DTC codes. I would like to see if I can figure it out with the LTC codes before buying a another scanner that reads the airbag codes or going to a garage and paying to scan it.

I was able to borrow a scanner and got the code B1342. I checked it out online and it says that the RCM is faulted, and to replace it or get the data cleared. Has anyone had their RCM data cleared? And does anyone know where the RCM is located? I think it's under the center console, but I'm not sure.

Back